Post a random truth about your pet

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2010, 5:30 am

I'll start. I have 3 cats. Precious sleeps on my bed a lot, and she is on my bed now. She will be 8 in September, and we got her on my 9th birthday.
This is one of my favourite pictures of Precious. I have it as the wallpaper on my laptop. Bless her! :mrgreen:

*Edited to put the link to the image, as it wouldn't show here.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 5:40 am

He's fluffy.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 5:48 am

Muggs (my dog) sniffs [canine] bottoms, but runs away when I fart! :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 6:42 am

My dog is always begging for a treat. :lol:

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 6:58 am

Ok.

My two Leopard Geckos are named Godzilla and Yoshi. They eat mealworms, superworms, and waxworms. Godzilla is the bigger one, and i've had him the longest of the two. Yoshi is a little bit jumpier.

Loki is my Argentine Black and White Tegu. He's a cool lizard, and pretty smart for a reptile. He likes to eat whole rats, raw turkey, raw liver, raw fish filets, boiled eggs, and a little bit of fruit(he likes cut up mango). He burrows into his mulch to sleep at night, and spends most of the day basking under his heat/uv lamp, digging around(and moving the stuff in his enclosure around), and sometimes soaking in his water(he poops in there a lot, too). When he comes out, first he goes over to his food bowl and eats, then i let him roam around the reptile room. He likes to climb on things and tries to dig under things.

Noodle is my Corn Snake. He's amelanistic("albino"), so he's mostly reddish-orange and white with reddish-orange eyes. He's very tame. If he ever gets nervous(for example, if you reach in to change his water while he's eating), he shakes his tail rapidly like a rattlesnake(and if it's against something hard, it makes a loud buzzing noise).

Princess is my Reticulated Python. She's still kind of high-strung, and very easily startled. Once you get her out of her enclosure she's fine while you're holding her, but if you put her down and try to pick her up again she sometimes starts getting annoyed. I've only been bitten one time, though.

Fluffy is my Boa Constrictor. She's currently the largest of my snakes, and she's very tame. The only time she gets annoyed is if you bother her when she's about to shed, in which case she's been known to open her mouth and hiss very loudly. She's pretty laid-back, the complete opposite of my retic when it comes to attitude. Nothing really surprises her.

My newest pet is my Ball Python. I still haven't settled on a name for him. He's very easy to handle. My dad says he's his favorite snake of mine, because he will just wrap himself around your arm and hang out. He has a hide box on each side of his enclosure, but, despite this, when he's on his cool side he prefers to lift up the water bowl and curl up beneath it. He's heterozygous for the pied trait, so i plan on finding a female who is also het pied and attempting to breed them.

One of my tarantulas is a Salmon Pink Birdeater and the other is a Chaco Golden Knee. I call the salmon pink Satan, because he's not exactly friendly. He doesn't try to bite so much, but he will kick hairs. The chaco is still pretty small and i've been calling him Digger because when i first got him he really liked to dig. He's not aggressive but he's jumpy. The chaco eats mealworms, and the salmon pink eats mealworms, superworms, and crickets.

Taco is our Chihuahua. He likes to dig under pillows, and he will also climb up to the top part of a chair by your head and lay there. He likes to wedge himself between me and the side of the chair.

Butters is our Cockapoo. When you tell him to "sit up pretty" he'll sit on his back legs with his front paws in the air. He's our biggest dog, and his hair keeps growing and growing and growing.

Benny is our mutt. He has markings kind of like a miniature pinscher, but looks like he has a lot of chihuahua characteristics. He's kind of long, so maybe some dachshund too. He just likes to play, bother Taco, and tear things up.

Last edited by ColdBlooded on 13 Jun 2010, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2010, 7:05 am

My black cat, Paws, can open the back door. He gets up on the window ledge, puts his front paws on the handle and shifts his weight to his front paws. He has been doing that since he was a kitten.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:07 am

@ coldblooded

Not to be a complainer or anything, but that seems more like a systematic and exhaustively thorough truth to me...

just sayin'. :P

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:12 am

But i can't just pick one to give a random truth about. I have to give random truths about all of them, because they are all so interesting :D

Oh, and Loki is the one in my avatar. That picture is from when he was just a tiny hatchling. His head is no longer green. Tegus have green heads when they are hatchlings, but eventually the green fades.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 7:47 am

My kitten Noel loves to play fetch. No, I didn't teach her, lol!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

My cat, Miss Kitty, has pretty green eyes and a beauty mark. Here is a picture I recently took of her:

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:54 pm

My cat usually screams instead of meowing. :lol:

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

My dog Snickers has fewer teeth than he should.

He has a couple more in the back, but that's it.

Three years!

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:35 pm

I had my rough blue merle collie shaved and I call her "bald dog" now :lol: !....its ok, she doesnt know Im laughing at her. Actually she loves being shaved, she seems to have more energy and rubs all over everything like "ahhhhhh!"
I figured shed be better off with less fur when we make the move. Maybe Ill post a before and after shot later.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

My dog barks at her reflection in the mirror. :lol:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:49 pm

My boxer, Frank, snores while he sleeps.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:52 pm

One of our cats, Jazz, will come running at the sound of whipped cream and be an absolute pest until he gets some.

Three years!