Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AutisticFollower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

Is this normal for me to have this mindset of not caring about whether I'm AS or NT and decide to live my life no matter what neurology I am?

Blasterx343
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm

Sometimes it just feels good to vent on the anonymous masses, a pronoun and descriptor is better for this than a list of tormentors.

Edit: Sorry, I meant it is not much good yelling at yourself.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 1:26 am

Yes! A lot of us here feel like we've been denied that choice. Personally, I'd like to see everyone in the world feel that way, taking themselves as humans. And I'd like to see everyone think that way about everyone else, too.

NOT A DOCTOR

DeathGoth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jun 2010, 1:41 pm

I dont know, being designed differently is a good thing i think..

You see how most NT's do what they are told, we on the other hand we do what we feel is right and we do things that are out of the norm..

We learn at a very insane fast pace, and we know alot of things.. If we were normal we wouldn't have the luxury of knowing everything and nothing at the same time. We would be boring as hell to many people, We do interesting things because it catches our eye, ear, or thought.. Not because it has to be..

I was thinking about this last night.. I met someone who has MS and i was thinking about past relationships on how everyone i knew had a physical screw up..

Then i started thinking well I am physically sound never get sick and what not.. I wonder if being mentally screwed is my payback, then I thought well no.. I have learned alot of things and know alot more than typical people. I have a thirst for knowledge and would never trade it for being normal ever..

I guess I actually like being designed differently than others, it sets me apart from them and would like it that way..

In the end it makes you who you are.. whats the point in being the same if you can never see anything different.. Anyway thats my thoughts and what i think.. Take it for what it is, because thats all it is.. that.

RedTatsu

21 Jun 2010, 2:46 pm

It's fine to not really care. I, for one, am perplexed by how everyone complains about "Those neurotypicals" as if being NT is some sort of crime. I also hear people talk as if NTs are all the same. They're not. As the majority population, NTs may even be MORE variable than autistics. I think that the way someone is born can have advantages and drawbacks, but nobody can claim to be inherently better than anyone else.