Why do people turn away from Christianity because...

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 11:55 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

So the question becomes - how do we effectively rebel against and defeat the things that we hate about our world that come from us being what we are? Most theologies back in the day seemed anti-human because agreement was, as long as your in the flesh, your SOL and you were so because of what you had to do and be in order to survive and procreate, hold your gender roll, etc.. Not much has changed there fundamentally but, we at least have enough accumulated knowledge that the future looks like it could hold a glimmer of hope. It'll be interesting to see though if 1) that answer comes from religion, 2) that answer comes from secular humanism or 3) that both religion and secular humanism are of the same things that God just threw at us to make us think and work ourselves out even more. With nothing but straws to grab at in a lot of directions I'd say anything is possible.

Answer. We don't rebel. We accept what we are. We are smart, ill natured fighting primates. Live with this fact. Embrace this fact. Become comfortable with this fact. Learn to love this fact. We are what we are. We are the smartest, baddest primates in The Monkey House. Rejoice over it.

ruveyn

Pass the bananas.

But then I picture myself in a fight with a silver back, and realize I'm not the baddest monkey on the block.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 9:49 am

Quote:
-"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ".

Ghandi