Does AS get worse when you live with a sexual partner?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do your AS symptoms get worse when you live with a sexual partner?
yes 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
sometimes yes, sometimes no 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
no 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 22

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 5:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
I was told by another aspie people change when they first meet someone because it boosts their mood. It also boosts their energy level too and more ability to function. Then after a while it wears off and bam you see the real person you're with.

Yep....I seem to get almost superhuman powers when there's a lady around who seems to be reciprocating my interest in her. Don't know if it's pheremones but I could almost swear that I become more sexually attractive, and so does the lady. Confidence could have a lot to do with it. It's hard to believe the usual paranoid "nobody likes me" crap when I've got proof of the opposite staring me in the face.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jun 2010, 3:17 pm

My relationships are all the same. I explain I am a solitary person. I explain it all. I am wondering if it is just something that cannot be understood unless they are on the spectrum. I don't think it comes natural for people to be ok without a closeness with other people. I require very little interaction, prefer even less and they become lonely. At first they try to believe this solitary life I lead has been the cause of my intense focus on whatever has my focus and then they find it is how I live, how I enjoy life, how I manage AS. It isn't them and it bothers them very deeply. It either bores them or annoys them and eventually they wander away or stir it up. I cannot stand when it becomes a blurry window I can't see through. I meltdown and can't stand them around me. I think I would be a good fit for someone who was intensely dedicated to something, a job or a project, and would leave me to my own world and not push on me to join theirs.

:(

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

alone wrote:
My relationships are all the same. I explain I am a solitary person. I explain it all. I am wondering if it is just something that cannot be understood unless they are on the spectrum. I don't think it comes natural for people to be ok without a closeness with other people. I require very little interaction, prefer even less and they become lonely. At first they try to believe this solitary life I lead has been the cause of my intense focus on whatever has my focus and then they find it is how I live, how I enjoy life, how I manage AS. It isn't them and it bothers them very deeply. It either bores them or annoys them and eventually they wander away or stir it up. I cannot stand when it becomes a blurry window I can't see through. I meltdown and can't stand them around me. I think I would be a good fit for someone who was intensely dedicated to something, a job or a project, and would leave me to my own world and not push on me to join theirs. :(

Amen! :hail: I have this happens with friendships. I have hung out with people, counted them as a friend, and then found it getting overwhelming. I felt engulfed by the person, and began to avoid them. They always think it is to be taken personally, and I am then inundated with phone calls, e-mails, begging me to tell them what they have done wrong, and why am I angry at them? They never believe that I prefer solitude most of the time, to hanging out with other people. :(