How do I get her to stop talking to me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 4:46 pm

We used to be best friends in 6th grade, but then she started changing. She's gotten very pessimistic and carefree, and has an outlook on life that makes it hard for me to enjoy time with her. She seems to believe this crazy irrational stuff, like she will track down this rock star she loves, and he will fall in love with her. Also, she's too touchy; sometimes it's like she's a lesbian or something.
And, even though this sounds awful, she isn't a native English speaker. Our cultures are too different. It was OK, when I had no friends in Turkish school, but now we've both matured apart from each other, and we're too different. And the language barrier is difficult, because I love English and Bush-isms too much.
I think she may like that difference perhaps, but it makes being her friend way too hard for me, and all work. And plus she smokes constantly, and I don't want second-hand smoke.

So, I thought we were growing distant, and that was good, but now she is asking me about getting together, and complaining I never call, and she seems pissed. Does she have a right to be pissed? I don't want to be her friend anymore. How do I get this across gently?
Also, am I being evil for feeling this way? I think I hate commitment or something. But I've had longer, more successful friendships.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:26 pm

She has a right to be pissed but you have a right to a happy not mention healthy life. You don't have to call her back. She should get the message that she is not a big interest in your life. That language barrier might work to your advantage. Make her repeat things more like your having trouble understanding and she should get exasperated enough to figure your relationship is too much work for her to enjoy. I remember inviting a couple to come over and play cards and they didn't show up or even call. I took that as hint that we didn't have much of a relationship.

About being touchy my mom had a women friend who would kiss her hello. My mom couldn't understand it but said nothing. No one likes colds, so I would probably start coughing to make them think twice about making contact.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 5:21 am

Ok, thanks for the advice!

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 5:24 am

Flash a vagina or two.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 11:21 am

Sounds like a typical case of teen angst and trying to be a rebel to me.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 12:41 pm

I don't want to show her my vagina. :P
I know. It's irritating.