19 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066626/quotes

There are some gems in there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 4:07 am

from the "draft dodger" episode-

Mike: [very loudly to Archie] When the hell are you going to admit that the war was wrong?
Archie: [as lividly, vehemently and loudly as he can get] I ain't talking about that war - I don't wanna talk about that GODDAMN WAR NO MORE!! I'M TALKIN' ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!! ! And what he done was WRONG! CERTAINLY he will go! What do you think, the whole people of this country can say whether or not they wanna go to war?? You couldn't get a decent war off the ground that way! All the young people would say no, sure they would, 'cause they don't want to get killed! And that's why we leave it to the Congress, 'cause them old crocks ain't gonna get killed?? And they're gonna do the right thing and get behind the President, and vote Yes!

ah yes, sounds just like my late father.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 3:25 am

archie bunker was allowed to use profanity only on the initial broadcast of the "draft dodger" episode, and because of a torrent of protest letters from "the bible belt", CBS subsequently lost its nerve and ordered the bowdlerization [looping overdub] of the "GD war" line into "lousy war."

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:03 am

I find it weird that All in the Family was the first series to feature a flushing toilet--er, turlet, while the Brady Bunch, which aired during the same time period, featured a house with no toilet.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:36 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I find it weird that All in the Family was the first series to feature a flushing toilet--er, turlet, while the Brady Bunch, which aired during the same time period, featured a house with no toilet.

cardboard characters, though excreble, have no need of toilets.