No 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Need help all the time 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 31

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2010, 11:41 am

hi, all
who here find it hard to make a decision? and would rother somebody also make the decision for them?

i find this rother hard going. and it often make me feel stess coming...

take care
cazzie

SnowWhite88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2010, 11:45 am

Sometimes I have a hard time making decisions, it used to be a lot worse back when I was younger though. I don't like it when other people try to "help" me make decisions though, even though it might be difficult for me to make decisions every once and awhile I'd still rather do it myself than ask for help. I really don't like depending on other people, maybe that's just me...I don't know. :?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 11:50 am

Sometimes I find it hard.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

An interviewer once asked Albert Einstein why he wore the same suit every day. He replied that he didn't - he had six suits that were all exactly alike, so he didn't have to waste time standing at the closet every day deciding what to wear.

Same reason I have specific dishes that I order over and over at each of the restaurants I go to. I know what they make that I like, and it keeps me from agonizing for an hour over the menu (I'm even worse at decision making when I'm starving, and cranky besides). Too many attractive choices just upset me.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm

Yes, I change my mind far too many times after I've already decided.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 12:48 pm

Willard wrote:
Same reason I have specific dishes that I order over and over at each of the restaurants I go to. I know what they make that I like, and it keeps me from agonizing for an hour over the menu (I'm even worse at decision making when I'm starving, and cranky besides). Too many attractive choices just upset me.

It's not TOO difficult for me to choose what I want to eat off of a menu, but never ask me which restaurant I want to go to. I'll agonize over that for hours.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2010, 1:00 pm

I have the hardest time with desicions, every question in my everyday life that has two or more choices takes me forever to choose from, my mom get so angry with me when i actually think about the choices i make, and my dad just yells at me make your choice. It sucks.

Albert Einstein

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

I am notorious for being terrible at making decisions. There are too many choices in most cases, and it takes a long time to mentally work out a pros and cons list of all of them, narrow the choices down, and make a final decision.

But even simple decisions stress me out. Like Subway, where you have to choose all the things to put on your sandwich. I want to just order the sandwich in the picture, I'll eat whatever's on it. I don't want to have to micromanage my food order when I go out, I want it to be easy.

dyingofpoetry wrote:
It's not TOO difficult for me to choose what I want to eat off of a menu, but never ask me which restaurant I want to go to. I'll agonize over that for hours.

Same here. Just take me to a restaurant and I'll find something to eat (after lots of deliberation), but if I'm the one who has to pick the restaurant, we might end up staying home because I can't decide. I hate when I'm at the restaurant and have decided what I want, but the waiter offers a choice that wasn't on the menu, like "fries or potatoes". They expect me to make an instant decision and often I've made the wrong one because I just wanted the social interaction to be over and didn't really think over the options.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 1:39 pm

It depends on the subject. Decisions on some subjects are difficult and other subjects are easy,

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 1:44 pm

Some are easy for me to make, and some are hard.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

It depends on how much time there is to decide. If I have a long time to decide it is okay, for instance I spend the whole day subcontiously deciding what to eat at dinner, but when I go to the supermarket to get it and it is sold out, forcing me to decide on the spot I just can't do it.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2010, 1:56 pm

I find it very difficult to make decisions at times. When going to restaurants I always order the same things. I have several copies of my favorite shirt, though I wish I had more, because the few I do have are all becoming worn out.

If asked to pick what restaurant I want to go to I'll always generally pick the same place, because I know I like it, it is extremely hard for me to pick to go somewhere I've never been before.

Often times I can't even pick what I want to eat in my own house, because there are too many different things I could make. So, I end up having to talk to my fiancee about it. She helps me make up my mind, and then I can cook something.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 2:42 pm

I'm usually fine with decisions. Depends on how important it is, but I don't find it hard. My NT sister has a really hard time making decisions.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 3:57 pm

I'm a terrible decision-maker. It comes from being insecure and worrying that I'll make a bad/wrong choice. It was for this reason that, for several years, I appointed my younger brother as "vice president" of my imaginary world to make good suggestions and have the power of veto over my bad ones. It's also the reason why I never go longer than a couple of days without changing my avatar here on WP.

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 4:28 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
It's also the reason why I never go longer than a couple of days without changing my avatar here on WP.

It's the reason I can't change mine as I can't decide on a replacement. I hate the one I have and haven't come up with anything else I like, or feel I should use. :roll:

I said "yes". Most of the time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jun 2010, 4:31 pm

I'm horrible at making decisions. I have some physical disabilities in addition to AS & I was extremely misunderstood as a kid. People felt like I was mentally restarted & not capable of thinking for myself because I did things differently from the norm. I'm very slow at making decisions sometimes & I usually over-analyze things because I'm afraid of someone finding fault with it & getting mad. I rather have others make decisions for me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 19 Jun 2010, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.