Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 12:17 am

with me my foster mother use to verbally abused me with death, tell me i'm rude in will get hit by a truck one of these days, so thats why i'm kinda obsessed and at the same time fearful of death. but truth be told no idea i try to be neither. just love my life, thats why i made the tread not to people to think i was saying because they have a disorder do they hate their life no that wasn't my intension, sorry if i hurt someone :(

zeldazonk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2018, 12:01 am

"The opposite of death is not life. The opposite of death is birth. Death is a part of life. It's okay as long as it is respected and done with dignity at the right time.[/quote]

Thanks for your whole post (all those years ago) CanadianRose. I'm suffering from a long psychotic depression and part of that is an obsessive fear of dying and death.
Your post gave me comfort.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:59 pm

The only heavens and hells which I'm aware of are those we concoct within our own minds, believe to be true, and then proceed to inflict upon ourselves and each other.

I think it extremely probable that what most folks call 'God' is nothing more than an imaginary friend for grown-ups.

When a wave crashes ashore, it appears to be destroyed. However, if you look deeply, you will see that the true nature of waves is water. When a wave breaks, that's only it's outer form; the water isn't harmed at all. It simply returns to the sea from whence it came, and from whence it never really left.
I think that our death is very much like that.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 9:33 am

I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to die in a nursing home or in a hideous car accident. I want to live a good life and a long, healthy one.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 10:17 am

Death doesn't worry me. It's just the end. I just make sure I survive till my sons are self-sufficient.

Getting old, on the other hand, sucks.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 11:52 am

Some Baptists use religion to justify whatever want

For example, homophobia,

Besides if all the gays go to hell, then I want to be with other gays.

:mrgreen: