Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 4:59 pm

Obviously I am excited I saw it and I LOVED it so why the sad face. WELL! I as a SUPER FAN picked up on all the connections to the last 2 movies and understood the in joke that referenced Return of the Jedi why family are saying "what the hell is a reference?!" :-( They also didn't get all the ah ha and oh moments (like the opening dog force field etc. (This was in Toy Story 1) So I was geeking out!! ! Knowing the references. Also my mom said I was loud and she didn't want to take me to a movie again. :-( I LOVED #3!! !! ! I was saying Oh/ah etc. due to knowing the in jokes that referenced scenes from 1 and 2. It was TRUE nostalgia and a geek trip I LOVED #3. Sadly my sisters/mom haven't seen Toy Story 1 and 2 in forever so or seen Star Wars so they didn't get the connections or in joke reference to RotJ. :-( Oh well I guess. :-) The movie was great!! !! !! !!

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 5:20 pm

I've been hearing nothing but positive reviews for Toy Story 3. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100%, so it must be pretty good.

I was going to see it today, but tickets were sold out. I wasn't surprised in the slightest, because the theater was packed. There were a bunch of kids, no doubt most of them there to see TS3. I think I might try again next week. If not, then I can always wait for it to come out on DVD.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 10:51 pm

I remember that you posted about your extreme excitement before seeing it :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 10:56 pm

Let downs are hard to take.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 12:01 am

my boy friends wants to go see toys story tomorrow, but i don't know about it, i do but i want to do somethings else still deciding. :?

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 7:37 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Let downs are hard to take.

Ya it seems let downs ARE hard for me to swallow that friend saying no to my plan ideas then just up and say yes to a friend asking to go out to dinner! My family wasn't as engaged in Toy Story 3 as I was as a HUGE fan. :-) Oh well I guess. :-)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 2:13 pm

I saw this movie last night with my husband and he was surprised there were no kids there. Just grown ups. Grown ups can enjoy Disney movies. I thought the movie was very good and pretty intense and the ending was happy and sad.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

What a great movie. I almost cried at the beginning and at the end. I wish the ending was less sad, but I guess it's time to move on.

Sigh. :cry:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

I want to ask what happens, but I won't.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 12:13 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I want to ask what happens, but I won't.

They move to Kansas and they start a human trafficking ring.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 12:14 pm

TS3 looks really cute! Haven't seen it yet. Willing to wait until it's out of DVD to watch.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 12:44 pm

Don't worry about the family that doesn't get all the tie-in's; Pixar's genius is in making movies that can satisfy on a whole variety of levels. They still enjoyed it, right?

I haven't been able to see the movie yet but I am thrilled it has gotten such great reviews, and that people like it. I know the director's family (him, too, but the wife better) and I was so nervous for them when I found out he had this high profile - and high risk, really, from an expectation perspective - project. Pixar is a company of really great people - they stay so grounded, and so funny.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 1:39 pm

I saw the second ToyStory the other week and its so brilliant. I cant wait to see the third one too!
And dont allow yourself to be let down by your family when having fun - go watch it again :D

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 2:44 am

Rez, because this thread deserves it.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:10 am

I've been hearing that the ending to Toy Story 3 was very emotional, so I went ahead and read some spoilers. I wish I hadn't, because now I almost don't want to go see the movie. I grew up on the Toy Story franchise, and if I got emotional just from reading about the ending, imagine how I'd feel if I were actually watching it. :cry: