Has anyone protested outside Westboro Baptist Church?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:35 am

I know people have protested the Westboro Baptist Church when the Westboro Baptist Church protests. But has anyone protested the Church proactively, on their own turf?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:47 am

I seemed to have found my own answer browsing the interwebs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4&feature=related[/youtube]

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 6:26 pm

Open the church and see all the sheeple topic

Westborons protest far too much. But Mike and the Sodomobilers are so photogenic. Think Pink.

That was a riot. :P Thanks, MP. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 6:34 pm

sartresue wrote:
Open the church and see all the sheeple topic

Westborons protest far too much. But Mike and the Sodomobilers are so photogenic. Think Pink.

That was a riot. :P Thanks, MP. :D

I've just been listening to some talks by estranged Fred Phelps son Nate Phelps. The inner workings of the clan is really sick - according to Nate, Fred Phelps beat his wife and children.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFYdXWWq2Bk[/youtube]

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Hellstone and Brimfire topic

I cannot figure out his Pro-terrorist stance, with regard to God hating America (Death to America) and God hating soldiers (But God loves Phelpsian sacrafice).

What a violent person, and to his own children. His religion completely sucks. What kind of god would favour his religious fervency? Perhaps the same one that provides 72 virgins for each male jihadist.

Excellent topic, and the video is chilling. :pale:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

How do these clowns get away with it?

They are the very definition of "hate crime".

When they desecrate some soldier's funeral why don't the mourners turn on them and give them the beating that they so richly deserve?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 11:44 pm

The Sodomobile was a very ingenious idea. I oughta strut around nude through the streets of Topeka, just to see their reactions.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

Wombat wrote:

When they desecrate some soldier's funeral why don't the mourners turn on them and give them the beating that they so richly deserve?

Fred Phelps beats his own family enough.

I'm surprised Child & Family services has never intervened against Mr. Phelps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHUQID8clNs[/youtube]

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 12:42 am

I highly recommend that people at least glance over "Fred Phelps: Child Abuser, Spouse Abuser, Drug Abuser".

It details the way he beat his children bloody, how he beat his wife (who was raised by an abusive alcoholic father herself), and how he used amphetamines to enhance his preformance.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

Meghan Chavalier interviewing Nate Phelps wrote:
Can you tell us about your mother? What was your relationship like with her?

I know very little of my mother's past. She had several brothers and sisters. She had a lot of Indian blood in her and looked it with her high cheek bones, small stature, skin tone and long dark hair. She could sing like an angel. When she met my father she was actually singing gospel songs on the radio. But she was also as much a victim of my father as any of her children. I understand that she was a victim of violence in her own childhood with an alcoholic father, so she already had the potential for that victim mentality by the time she married.

Do you speak to any members of your family?

I spent nearly 30 years of my adult life living near and working with my older brother Mark who also left. I've had some occassional contact with my younger sister Dortha who also escaped that system. Beyond that, I've had virtually no contact with any of my family since I left for the final time in 1980. One interesting contact happened in the mid 90's. I happened upon a radio talk show late one night where my father was being interviewed. I called in to talk to the host, thinking it was a rerun of an earlier program. It was live and he offered to put me on as a caller. My father freaked out, started calling me names when I challenged him on some of his dogma, and handed the phone over to my sister, abandoning the call. He never was real good at debating his theology. His style has always been to cram it down your throat. If you don't like it, that's just tough.

http://www.stoppingthehate.com/News-Art ... valier.htm

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

25 Jun 2010, 4:50 am

Wombat wrote:

Apparently most of the family (the ones who aren't estranged from Papa Fred) are lawyers, so they know every possible loophole to wiggle out of actually getting convicted for anything - and to try and get anyone who stands up to them arrested and charged. Crazy.

It may interest those of you in the US to know that WBC, along with a few other religious organizations/preachers judged to be spreading hatred, are barred from ever entering the UK. Damn right. British reserve only goes so far, and if this lot turned up to 'greet' the coffins of deceased troops arriving back at Wootton Bassett, they'd get torn limb from limb.

The Michael Moore thing was hilarious and scary at the same time. Reminds me, a little, of what happened when the perhaps slightly foolhardy crew of our own Top Gear show tested the, um, tolerance of the good people of Alabama...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw81WAHbfM

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 11:41 am

sartresue wrote:

I cannot figure out his Pro-terrorist stance, with regard to God hating America (Death to America) and God hating soldiers (But God loves Phelpsian sacrafice).

What a violent person, and to his own children. His religion completely sucks. What kind of god would favour his religious fervency? Perhaps the same one that provides 72 virgins for each male jihadist.

what kind of god would favour that kind of thing? Ever read the Old Testament?

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:57 pm

Exclavius wrote:
sartresue wrote:

what kind of god would favour that kind of thing? Ever read the Old Testament?
Actually, the Old Testament way of things was done away with when the New Testament arrived. Jesus actually stopped people who wanted to stone an adulteress, and that He dined with folks the highly 'religious' actively despised, like prostitutes and tax collectors.

What Phelps is doing, is actually considered to be a bad thing in the Bible. By doing this, he is causing people to turn away from God and to blaspheme Him. He also shows no love, humility, compassion, or restraint, and these traits he lacks are the marks of a real Christian. He also twists Scripture, and that is also a Biblically bad thing.

I feel that he is in a much more dangerous spiritual path then the people he mocks (like homosexuals, for instance.) I can't convey in words how bad he actually is, but he might be among the false Christians that to whom Jesus says at the Final Judgement in the Bible, 'Depart from me, I never knew you!'

Lastly, many Christians denounce him. They disagree with him, and with what he does. He gives us a bad name because he is what unbelievers assume This Is What A Christian Looks Like. :?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 6:37 pm

Wombat wrote:

It's not a "hate crime" here until they attack somebody or incite violence against someone or some group.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 6:55 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
It may interest those of you in the US to know that WBC, along with a few other religious organizations/preachers judged to be spreading hatred, are barred from ever entering the UK. Damn right. British reserve only goes so far, and if this lot turned up to 'greet' the coffins of deceased troops arriving back at Wootton Bassett, they'd get torn limb from limb.

That's all well and good, but I'm always leery of governments imposing sanctions for beliefs and essentially creating categories of thought crime, lest the very crazies that such measures are meant to protect against ever gain any power and find the tools they need for oppression already waiting for them. Just my .02$