Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 11:20 am

I can't stand Lady Gag me.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 10:10 pm

Delirium wrote:
Wow, so she's part of an all-male freethought organization that disbanded in the 1700s, despite being a woman who was born in the 20th century. That's quite an accomplishment.

Not really. She sells herself off her body and a high level of sexuality in her image and in her music. Being a whore fits quite nicely into a male-centric world view.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2010, 9:08 am

Delirium wrote:
Phipe wrote:
She is repulsive in so many ways that i probarly forget to write them down.

Honestly.

If i would get a name as an celebrity, i would never name myself after what sounds like a babys first words. That arent even words. I also find the music ridiculously annoying. The actually instruments and electronic sound decent, but she is an awful singer. At least if one would judge by the lyrics.

Seriously? "PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-POKAH-PUH-PUH-POKAHFACE", imidiately followed by a guys "Momma Momma!"

But that is just me. I am quite sure there are people out there who can stand such a repulsive ridiculity of lyric she made, compareable too, uh, a whole circle of eager Peafowls, Standing hopelessly and japping their beaks.

Have you heard her sing live? She is much, much better live than on her records.

No, i have not heard her live recordings. I also dont know where she has sung live.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 12:20 pm

Phipe wrote:
No, i have not heard her live recordings. I also dont know where she has sung live.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUYvWTd6oA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HvURBhMGE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2aE-mnNZJ4[/youtube]

Or just look up "Lady Gaga acoustic".

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 1:08 pm

Delirium wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Shes apart of the Illuminati. She throws their symbols up all of the time. She is mindless and wants others to be mindless. It is in their agenda to create a robotic race where everyone thinks or rather, doesn't think and all act the same.

Wow, so she's part of an all-male freethought organization that disbanded in the 1700s, despite being a woman who was born in the 20th century. That's quite an accomplishment.

Even if the Illuminati still exists, they're about as much of a threat as the Kiwanis Club or American Atheists.

Wow. You have a lot of research to do. The illuminati DOES still exist and things have changed. They use women now. There is no need to feel ashamed that you like lady gag a.
I don't see how any aspers or auts would like lady gag a as she is designed to control the NT's.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

Lady Gaga apparently got 10 million fans on Facebook. I know this because it was on TV. I think that says something about the sad, sad world we live in.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 1:49 pm

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Delirium wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Shes apart of the Illuminati. She throws their symbols up all of the time. She is mindless and wants others to be mindless. It is in their agenda to create a robotic race where everyone thinks or rather, doesn't think and all act the same.

Even if the Illuminati still exists, they're about as much of a threat as the Kiwanis Club or American Atheists.

Wow. You have a lot of research to do. The illuminati DOES still exist and things have changed. They use women now. There is no need to feel ashamed that you like lady gag a.
I don't see how any aspers or auts would like lady gag a as she is designed to control the NT's.

1. Let me guess, you read Infowars and listen to Alex Jones. Guess what? The Illuminati was a freethought organization that existed in the 1700s, and they've long since disbanded. If they're controlling the world, they're doing it from beyond the grave. Even at the height of their existence, the only people who were actually threatened by them were the Jesuits, and that's because the Illuminati were part of the Enlightenment.
2. Considering how many fans she has, there's bound to be a few people with ASD among them. Also, there are plenty of NT's who are crackpot conspiracy theorists.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 6:05 pm

She cracks me up. As a person I'd probably like her if I met her, she seems like she'd be a blast to party with. Dig the wardrobe creativity as well. The music - mmm.... not so much.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2010, 1:00 am

Wow, most of the responses in this thread are insane!

Lady Gaga is extremely intelligent and talented. Just because you do not like her music or her image does not mean she is not either of those things. She is not produced like many pop stars. She writes her own music and got herself to where she is today. She cares about her fans. She understands that her fame is at its height and will not last forever. When her reign is over, she will sit back and pen tunes for other artists and that will be that.

I know people that know her and she was considered odd and mocked by her peers as well -- let's not pick on her just because she seems so "different"! Jeez!

Like the previous poster said, I'm not a fan of her music but I'd love to hang out with her.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 2:03 am

chasingthesun wrote:
Wow, most of the responses in this thread are insane!

Lady Gaga is extremely intelligent and talented. Just because you do not like her music or her image does not mean she is not either of those things. She is not produced like many pop stars. She writes her own music and got herself to where she is today. She cares about her fans. She understands that her fame is at its height and will not last forever. When her reign is over, she will sit back and pen tunes for other artists and that will be that.

I know people that know her and she was considered odd and mocked by her peers as well -- let's not pick on her just because she seems so "different"! Jeez!

Like the previous poster said, I'm not a fan of her music but I'd love to hang out with her.

To be sure, she is very talented, even if much of her music isn't my cup of tea. And I very much appreciate how she takes the part of social outcasts, gays, and any other non-conformists. I imagine she'd befriend many of us Aspies. And as I posted earlier, both my wife and I think she's damn HOT!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 7:07 pm

for a bunch of people who are considered weird to mainstream society, it's interesting how intolerant (or afraid?) some of you are of someone who is strange in a different way than you. :roll:

i'm not a fan of her music, but after watching a few interviews i have to admire her absolute lack of regard for whether anything she does or says is considered socially acceptable. she talks often of growing up feeling like a freak and wanting to create an atmosphere for her fans where their eccentricities are welcome.

i don't see what's bad about that. if everyone had that attitude, aspies wouldn't be marginalized.

i don't care for Marilyn Manson's music either, for example, but respect him for the same reason. when people get out there with outlandish looks and public personae and are respected (by some) for it and have total confidence in who they are, enough to tolerate the jeers and conspiracy theories etc perpetuated by their non-fans, i have to admire that. people who are unapologetically freakish help pave the way to a more tolerant world.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2010, 4:38 am

She's not strange, she's a derivative, materialistic whore doing a bad impression of a strange person. Take away her glam aesthetic (most of which she has ripped off directly from David Bowie and Marilyn Manson) and she's just another Britney Spears; the difference being, Lady Gaga takes herself so undeservedly seriously and acts like she's the Queen of England for being able to write synthy pop tunes about riding "disco sticks". She's either incredibly vain (as you can see in interviews) or just that desperate to be in the limelight. I probably wouldn't be that surprised if I found out she was part of the Illuminati, or whatever that is, because her domination of the pop music scene is a bit frightening.

sugarhiccup
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2010, 3:32 am

I think Lady Gaga is a really good role model to have. I respect her. She is the only pop musician I listen to. She's reinventing pop. She's very intelligent and loves her fans. She is very talented, and all her art is a parody of pop culture, which is why I like her. In my opinion, there are a lot way worse celebrities and popular musicians out there. I don't like talking about how much they suck or how much I hate them, though, and I don't think people are idiots for liking popular music that I do not like.

Anyways, the entire idea of "celebrity" is pretty weird to me.

sugarhiccup
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2010, 3:42 am

Technikilor wrote:
She's not strange, she's a derivative, materialistic whore doing a bad impression of a strange person. Take away her glam aesthetic (most of which she has ripped off directly from David Bowie and Marilyn Manson) and she's just another Britney Spears; the difference being, Lady Gaga takes herself so undeservedly seriously and acts like she's the Queen of England for being able to write synthy pop tunes about riding "disco sticks". She's either incredibly vain (as you can see in interviews) or just that desperate to be in the limelight. I probably wouldn't be that surprised if I found out she was part of the Illuminati, or whatever that is, because her domination of the pop music scene is a bit frightening.

Have you ever watched her interviews?? She is incredibly modest, gives so much credit to her fans, and is very knowledgeable in pop culture. There is a huge difference between her and Britney Spears: She writes all her own music. She is an artist. She writes all her music with the idea of pop culture in mind, and it's a reflection on it.

And I hate the word "whore". :( It makes me sad that such words are dropped so easily. Lady Gaga would be sad too, since she is a huge feminist. Just watch the video "Bad Romance".

ticktockpop
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2010, 4:52 am

May I just point out something...

By saying things like "I don't know how someone with intelligence can like Lady Gaga" and "Only NTs like Lady Gaga", you are turning something which should be a personal flavor/taste (which, like butts, should be individual to each and every one of us) into a personal attack on the poor Aspies among us who actually have a wacky sense of humor and taste?

You may find me, depending on the mood, painting to Vivaldi, writing to Jack Johnson, belly dancing to arabian music (in full garb), singing Brazilian music, dancing to Gaga or... well... there's Ludacris...

I mean, seriously. We wouldn't be here if we weren't varied and difficult to understand. Give us a break.

Otherwise I'll call the mothership to take you back home for a while. You've been spending way too much time with the NTs and are starting to sound as narrow-minded and critical as them.

:D

fobfan123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2010, 6:58 pm

shes not trying to be a influence to people, I think she is kind of mad as in kooky, but that differentiates her from the competition.