Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 11:12 pm

I'm not sure what's worse, her "talent" or her obsessive fans.

The music and appearances aren't anything to brag about. Or that's just my opinion anyway. I will agree with those who say she's this generation's Madonna. Actually, Madonna might have been given better lyrical material.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2010, 12:05 am

I hate lady gaga and I hate her "music".

unconquered
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

I sense from Lady Gaga's videos that her interview with Barbara Walters is correct -- this is who she is. I do enjoy her surreal videos. Unlike many, they actually tell stories, and I'm always a sucker for story. Of course, there was a time where most music videos were stories, but that was a long time ago.

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 5:23 am

well, the more attention the media gives her the more people will like her songs, unfortenately. :?

unconquered
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2010, 4:18 pm

886 wrote:
well, the more attention the media gives her the more people will like her songs, unfortenately. :?

I think she is someone people love to hate.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 1:27 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Lady Gaga is very strange, I'll admit to that; but I can't help but like a lot of her songs. :wink:

Only Nt's like her ....

I like her too.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 1:43 am

I like performers that just go for it in every way. Lady Gaga is no exception. An entertainer's job is to entertain. One could just go out there and act like one does day by day. But why not push it? Being honest and real isn't part of the job description, you need only entertain.

Edit: Well actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't like most artists that attention whore. I loathe Kiss and Madonna. But my point stands! :?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Jun 2010, 2:53 am

Record companies know people don't buy music for the music, they buy the image. It is a product.

The former things have passed away."

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2010, 4:39 am

I find it hard to comprehend how anyone with intelligence could like Lady Gaga.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 3:44 pm

arecibo_ wrote:
her rabid hardcore fans, the media, and seemingly herself are trying to make it seem like she's something bigger

It's all in the name. :wink:

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2010, 8:14 am

She is repulsive in so many ways that i probarly forget to write them down.

Honestly.

If i would get a name as an celebrity, i would never name myself after what sounds like a babys first words. That arent even words. I also find the music ridiculously annoying. The actually instruments and electronic sound decent, but she is an awful singer. At least if one would judge by the lyrics.

Seriously? "PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-POKAH-PUH-PUH-POKAHFACE", imidiately followed by a guys "Momma Momma!"

But that is just me. I am quite sure there are people out there who can stand such a repulsive ridiculity of lyric she made, compareable too, uh, a whole circle of eager Peafowls, Standing hopelessly and japping their beaks.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 9:20 am

Phipe wrote:
She is repulsive in so many ways that i probarly forget to write them down.

Honestly.

If i would get a name as an celebrity, i would never name myself after what sounds like a babys first words. That arent even words. I also find the music ridiculously annoying. The actually instruments and electronic sound decent, but she is an awful singer. At least if one would judge by the lyrics.

Seriously? "PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH-POKAH-PUH-PUH-POKAHFACE", imidiately followed by a guys "Momma Momma!"

But that is just me. I am quite sure there are people out there who can stand such a repulsive ridiculity of lyric she made, compareable too, uh, a whole circle of eager Peafowls, Standing hopelessly and japping their beaks.

Have you heard her sing live? She is much, much better live than on her records.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 9:45 am

Lady Gaga is boring. But that's what pop music is in general: boring white-washed simplistic melodies cleaned up beyond the point of even sounding like someone actually performed it.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 1:30 am

Shes apart of the Illuminati. She throws their symbols up all of the time. She is mindless and wants others to be mindless. It is in their agenda to create a robotic race where everyone thinks or rather, doesn't think and all act the same.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 1:43 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Shes apart of the Illuminati. She throws their symbols up all of the time. She is mindless and wants others to be mindless. It is in their agenda to create a robotic race where everyone thinks or rather, doesn't think and all act the same.

Yes and no. I won't say how, but it's both.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:56 am

I do not like her.