Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

Do you think it's worth going to a conference to see him speak?

Thanks!

Mama_to_Grace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:18 pm

That's funny you post this. I just registered to see him at a conference. I'm thinking it's definitely worth it, but that's my opinion. I highly regard his expertise in Asperger's.

Mama_to_Grace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

Also, if you are talking about the Seattle Conf on 7/8 & 9, there's a lot of other great speakrs at that conference too.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:23 pm

I think it would be neat to hear him speak, and also neat to be around so many people interested in Autism and Asperger's. If you hate crowds you might get as much out of reading his latest book and waiting for his speech to turn up on the internet.

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 5:54 am

I had a meal and a private meeting with Tony Attwood last week when he was in Leicester for our conference. He is also our patron at 'Jelibean'. We have been offering free services 24/7 for anyone in need and now just have charitable status - YIPPPEEEEE!

HE IS AMAZING, totally AMAZING - we had conference evaluation forms and without exception Tony was described as inspiring, passionate, empathetic and able to talk to autistics with respect and kindness. He is INCREDIBLE.

He very kindly allowed us to film his presentation which was INCREDIBLE so we are able to show it to those who couldn't make the conference. iF ANYONE is interested please get in touch. I am in the UK but willing to travel! :D

Long Live Tony Attwood! :D

www.jelibean.com

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2010, 6:07 am

sounds good he does no a lot about AS dont he can we see the conference online?

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:58 am

cazzie2010 wrote:
sounds good he does no a lot about AS dont he can we see the conference online?

Professor Attwood has a 'feel' an intuition second to none. As patron of Jelibean he has very kindly allowed us to use the presentation as part of our own presentations to try and raise funds so that we can buy in the services of a diagnostician under the training of Professor Attwood, thus giving a bottom up approach. I am sick to death of these organisations who 'organise' things FOR us without TALKING TO US. So sadly we can't afford to put it on the web but will happily present it in person. We as yet are funded by noone and operate free and voluntarily. Sadly even we need to eat :wink:

Going back to Professor Attwood, if you have the chance then PLEASE make the journey and get along to his next conference. You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. If you can afford the odd drinkie or two, smoke or buy the odd lottery ticket - Professor Attwood is the best value of all and you won't regret a minute of it. Find out on his website where he is next and book now! He is also the kindest, gentlest practitioner I have met alongside Dr Barbara Jacobs :D