Anyone else "addicted" to WrongPlanet?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 12:38 am

I used to be, when I first learned about my Autism in depth.

Call it pitiful, but part of me wishes I still were, as the conversations are so incredibly interesting!

However, I do come here when I need another perspective on something that either no one else really has time to offer me, or I don't really know where else to turn to; and usually my Dad can't offer me that perspective since he doesn't understand me like you folks here do.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 2:40 am

AAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

Is there a detox for this? 8O I just realized that for three nights STRAIGHT, I've been up until almost 4 am, posting here, and NOT watching TV! Now that's bad! WP has taken over my favorite addiction!! !

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 2:45 am

MrXxx wrote:
AAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

Is there a detox for this? 8O I just realized that for three nights STRAIGHT, I've been up until almost 4 am, posting here, and NOT watching TV! Now that's bad! WP has taken over my favorite addiction!! !

I'll be honest...I think you're better off. If you stop watching TV long enough, you'll wonder why you were even watching it to begin with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 3:01 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
I'll be honest...I think you're better off. If you stop watching TV long enough, you'll wonder why you were even watching it to begin with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I don't really "watch" it that much. It's just on. I like the background, and occasionally watch for a few moments if something interesting pops up. I do watch it to fall asleep though, so that ought to tell you something. :lol:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 3:10 am

MrXxx wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:

Actually, I don't really "watch" it that much. It's just on. I like the background, and occasionally watch for a few moments if something interesting pops up. I do watch it to fall asleep though, so that ought to tell you something. :lol:

heh heh heh heh

my TV at this point is pretty much used as little more than a "screen" to play my DVDs.

Although my room-mate and I will occasionally record something on the DVR in the living room.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 3:25 am

Not to WP specifically - though I certainly spend a lot of time here and worry that I'm getting more confrontational, for which a temporary break might be good - but to the internet in general. Ian Cormac is me.

The year is still young.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:50 am

I'm not addicted to WP, but I do see myself spending more time on this site than other websites.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:53 am

more than pro-wrestling is addicted to fake drama & steroids :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:59 am

I'm like a Timex watch. As far as WP is concerned, I take a licking and keep on ticking.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 7:13 am

Yes indeedy, this one is.

It tends to get addicted to all sorts of forums.

The first forum was an anime forum, the next was a psychology forum, then there was a warcraft forum. Now it likes this one. It doesn't like dedicating itself to more then one forum at once though.

I honestly find it easier to talk in the third person. It's a real shame that it sounds(reads would be more correct, but makes the sentence feel odd) so absurd.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 7:48 am

Darkword wrote:
I honestly find it easier to talk in the third person.

My thoughts are in second person a lot. I wonder what the proportions are? Think I'll try a poll.

The year is still young.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 8:06 am

A little bit. I'm always relieved when there's nothing interesting going on, because I get to reclaim a little piece of my life.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 8:09 am

[quote="MrXxx"]AAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

quote]

Not watching tv might be a good thing, theres hardly anything good on. MTV and VH1 have all gone to reality shows. ABC CBS AND NBC are all just crappy sitcoms and reality tv. the weather channel, once a fixation of mine has gone political. if i want to get angry ill watch MSNBC.

FOX news- the only "real news"

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2010, 9:27 am

I'm starting to become addicted, it's nice to go to a board on the internet with mostly intelligent discussions.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

I tend to be addicted to daily internet interaction, including here on WP. If i don't get to go on in the morning for at least a half hour, I feel like the day isn't in proper order. Missing link (no pun intended)....

Charles

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 12:32 pm

me