Christmas shopping- how early is too early?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sylvr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2010, 8:27 am

fobfan123 wrote:
any time would be good, when the sales are good I say buy! lol

Yeah, it's never too early, so long as you don't lose what you bought... :oops:

auntblabby wrote:
there are only 183 days 'till xmas

Squadelah, we're off! Over...almost.. halfway there! 8O

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 62 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 9:23 am

i'm in favor of the whole damned year being the xmas season.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

The over-commercialization of Christmas is one of my pet peeves. I hate that (#1), they put up all the fanfare and sales on all kinds of expensive crap that you're obligated to buy, and the stores aren't even allowed to use the word "Christmas" anymore without getting sued by the ACLU. By the 5th of July, all the Christmas crap is out in all the stores already.

Charles

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 12:06 pm

kx250rider wrote:
The over-commercialization of Christmas is one of my pet peeves. I hate that (#1), they put up all the fanfare and sales on all kinds of expensive crap that you're obligated to buy, and the stores aren't even allowed to use the word "Christmas" anymore without getting sued by the ACLU. By the 5th of July, all the Christmas crap is out in all the stores already.

Charles

Ditto about hating the over-commercialization.

Except I'm not a Christian either. I could just go without the holiday and everything about it all together.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jun 2010, 12:13 pm

Quartz11 wrote:
kx250rider wrote:

Charles

Ditto about hating the over-commercialization.

Except I'm not a Christian either. I could just go without the holiday and everything about it all together.

Me too... Born Christian, but I'm an agnostic. My idea is to get rid of the commercialization, and let everybody tolerate each other's beliefs or nonbeliefs... I don't get offended if someone thinks I'm Jewish and wishes me Happy Hanukkah, and I don't think Muslims should be offended if they sneeze, and I say "God bless you". It's the intent behind the good wishes that counts.

Charles