Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JakeGrover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

I just got an XBox 360 and Halo 3 to go along with it. So far, I'm somewhat satisfied with it. The graphics are good. The storyline is okay. Although it sometime does get sort of abstract at times, it's a pretty good game. What game of the series do you guys think is the best? Halo 1,2,3 or 3 ODST? Or, what are your predictions for the upcoming game, Halo: Reach?

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

I don't much like the Halo series because of the gradual shift to primarily online. But Halo 2 is my favorite. Halo 3 was at one time filled with trash-talking twelve year olds who claim to have slept with your mother (the worst scum in the galaxy), but now they all flocked to COD, another series ruined by it's shift to being online first, offline second. I would never pay 60 USD for a 4 hour campaign!! !! :x :x :x

I play both MW2 and Halo 3 primarily to troll people as my vietnamese alter ego Quoc Tran, because I find it funny when these trash-talking 12 year olds start screaming at me. It's a great source of lulz.

JakeGrover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2010, 7:01 pm

Yeah, I think it should stay offline. I think it's stupid that they didn't include built-in wifi in the arcade versions of the 360. The technology isn't sparse. They just want more money. That's the only thing that's preventing me from getting an XBOX live account.

Sol-IV
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2010, 8:55 pm

My favourite is Halo: Combat Evolved,
for various reasons.

Also, when playing a game, I would view the story as the main element for me,
with the graphics being the least important, and online mode being merely a bonus.

Last edited by Sol-IV on 25 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JakeGrover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm

Same here.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 11:13 pm

Probably Halo 3 for me, I like useing the Assault Rifle which didn't appear in the second. I also read the novels and have Halo Legends, so I am a fan and know quite a bit of the story.

I don't quite know what the expecations for Reach is, but I have preorderd the special edistion (well I did buy the Legendary edition and colected it at midnight.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

My friend had us play the beta of Reach, and I liked it even less than the previous games.

It felt like they made all of the weapons super underpowered, so you had to gang up on people to be able to kill anyone.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 8:32 pm

I think CE was the best in terms of gameplay. Everything is so much faster because the game wasn't designed for online play.

Halo 2's campaign is probably the longest and perhaps the most enjoyable.
Halo 3 is the prettiest but the campaign is really short.
ODST is ok - I've gone through the campaign a couple times but I don't think it's as much fun as the others.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 6:41 pm

ODST was my favorite campaign. I liked Halo 3 for the multiplayer.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2010, 10:11 am

It is between 2 and 3. I love 2's campaign but I like 3's campaign, especially the last bit. ODST is cool. What I like the best is you don't have to be great to enjoy it and if you are great then you will still like it. ((gotta like guns and vehicles)

gobile
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2010, 1:59 am

I love the game, nice story!! !! !

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 7:35 am

Halo lost it when they went to 3. Online doesn't develop the saga like single player campaign does.

Thief series was pretty good. The end of the third game left things too open and uncertain. What would you do for Thief 4?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 4:58 am

In regards to most played and enjoyed overall, it'd have to be #1. I like all of them, though.

I recently got ODST, and I'm pleasantly surprised with it; I like how the game world works, and how you play through the various members of the squad in flashbacks. It's cool seeing the city in a different light, and that was one aspect I didn't like about Halo 2 (which is my overall favourite), is that you spent such little time in New Mombasa. ODST fixed that, and then some. :)

I'm looking forward to Reach.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 8:24 am

Halo 3. I never liked the multiplayer though. The combat involved jumping around and hitting people with guns, that was about it. Story didn't matter much, because FPS games are usually crap at story-telling. I read some of the Halo books to get my story for the universe of Halo.

I loved Aliens vs Preadtor though. It required strategy, teamwork, stealth, using the correct weapons, etc. Sadly it's rarely played anymore, COD gets most of the players.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

Halo CE amazed me when it first came out as I was a console only owner in those days and had never seen the power of a pimped PC. Halo 2 seemed disappointing at the time and Halo 3 was enjoyable as it was one of the first games I had for the 360 and I liked the online and achivements for it.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 10:49 am

Meh, Halo is a so-so series. Not a big fan not a hater. I don't have my own 360 so never got much of a chance except for maybe 10 minutes. I want Halo Reach. I hear it's gonna be halo's last game. Good thing I'm waiting for a 360 of my own I guess.