Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 9:02 am

yup.

redvelvet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2006, 9:09 am

I was going to put up a post about waking up, the two young Aspie lads in our house hate waking up, and if pestered into getting up they are in a snit. They do find it hard to get up :evil:

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 9:36 am

What is a snit?

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 9:43 am

I am not unhappy waking up, but it can be hard because sometimes I can't get enough sleep.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 11:01 am

I'm really bad when I first wake up, although not necessarily in a bad mood. My parents learned the hard way not to even ask me a single question between the time I get out of bed and the time I drink my coffee. After the coffee, I'm good as new.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 11:46 am

Snit=grouchy, I have those mornings, I hate wasting my day, but love my comfy bed. When I wake up in a snit I need a nice long bubble bath or shower. Or a nice walk................or a swift kick cause it's my snit and noone needs to have to suffer from it.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 11:47 am

Yeah...there are days when we are all just full of snit..... ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

19 Apr 2006, 12:04 pm

Sometimes I do (especially if I'm having an interesting dream), but usually pretty short lived. Though not too long ago, I woke up and spent the entire day royally pissed for no reason at all (my mom suspects stress).

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2006, 1:26 pm

i only wake up in a bad mood if someone wakes me up! i hate people waking me up, it really annoys me for some reason.
My perfect way of waking up is having and undisturbed nights sleep and my radio coming on very quietly.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 3:14 pm

I only wake up in a bad mood if I get woken up also.. but i'm often still tired if I wake up early..

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2006, 3:48 pm

i also get stroppy if my routine is disrupted..
my morning routine is wake up, crawl out of bed, brush teeth, go to loo, have bath, dry, put on clothes, dry hair, have breakfast, get stuff together then leave the house.
the worst thing is when my last boyfriend would stay over as my routine was messed up and i would get confused and forget stuff and leave late which would wind me up royally! :o

keats
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2006, 3:49 pm

not too many snitty mornings, but it takes awhile to get all my systems going. An ideal morning would be monastic silence until after coffee (and if the coffee magically appeared in bed that would be amazing :) In reality most mornings there's activity and usually the radio too... However, my family members have me figured out, so it's not bad, I usually get left in peace until I'm functioning :)

herbivore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2006, 3:51 pm

Yes, it really bothers me to have to process a question and form words in response right after I wake up. Really bothers me. Forming the words part mostly, I think, because I can manage affirmative or negative grunts without 'waking up' the part of my brain required for a fully verbal response.

That is what it feels like to me, like part of my brain is still in sleep mode and if I don't think a certain way it sleeps a bit longer.

Sammy
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2006, 5:21 pm

I don't feel like human interaction at all untill I've had my first coffee. :D

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2006, 10:41 am

Quote:
i only wake up in a bad mood if someone wakes me up! i hate people waking me up, it really annoys me for some reason.
My perfect way of waking up is having and undisturbed nights sleep and my radio coming on very quietly.

This is the best way for me to wake up too. I have an old antique clock radio with tubes in it. WHen the alarm would go off, the radio would come on gradually and slowly as the tubes warmed up. I replaced it for a short while with a new solid-state radio. I hated it though. It had a really tinny sound, and it instantly came on at full volume, jolting me out of sleep! I went back to the antique...besides, it looks much cooler sitting beside my bed that the little black plastic piece of junk