User-names that truly convey who you are

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,365
Location: Piedmont Region, NC, USA

28 Jun 2010, 10:22 am

luvmyaspie wrote:
luvmyaspie has two meanings to me: I love my AS son and I love my AS.

I could also call my self:

lexulous_lexbian - beacause I'm a woman totally obsessed with words and finding new vocabulary & I love to play scrabble. You'll find the meaning of lexbian in the urban dictionary (made up words, I guess)...sounds wrong doesn't it! :lol: but I like it

mykidsrockmyworld - because my kids rock my world.

carefactor0 - because if I over care then my mind doesn't stop and I don't sleep.


Had that problem for a while, especially with a catchy song that you just cannot get out of your head . . . or have this innate fear of a velociraptor jumping at you while you have to use the bathroom at night. I actually found a way around that issue: picture a simple object in your mind (ball, disc, etc) and start "playing with it." I used this method when I had 1 hour lunch breaks at work. 45 min ZZZzs make all the difference during a hectic day.



luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 921
Location: QLD Australia

28 Jun 2010, 7:23 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
luvmyaspie wrote:
luvmyaspie has two meanings to me: I love my AS son and I love my AS.

I could also call my self:

lexulous_lexbian - beacause I'm a woman totally obsessed with words and finding new vocabulary & I love to play scrabble. You'll find the meaning of lexbian in the urban dictionary (made up words, I guess)...sounds wrong doesn't it! :lol: but I like it

mykidsrockmyworld - because my kids rock my world.

carefactor0 - because if I over care then my mind doesn't stop and I don't sleep.


Had that problem for a while, especially with a catchy song that you just cannot get out of your head . . . or have this innate fear of a velociraptor jumping at you while you have to use the bathroom at night. I actually found a way around that issue: picture a simple object in your mind (ball, disc, etc) and start "playing with it." I used this method when I had 1 hour lunch breaks at work. 45 min ZZZzs make all the difference during a hectic day.


Thanks for the tip. I will surly give that a go :D


_________________
Nothing much shocks me...so please stop trying...yawn...


Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jul 2007
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,974
Location: Salford, England

28 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

Wow! Alot more names on here mean less than I thought!

Obviously lot of thought went into my username, firstly I picked my name, then my year of birth, then my age (at the time) - genius, I know...

Out of date within 12 months. I know this too!!
I'm not fantastically imaginative with screen names and many that I try are taken so I didn't even try here, just thought of something very specific.

I'd now possibly use a couple of my fave songs by one of my fave bands, Joy Division - 'Transmission Controller'. I'm actually disapointed I've never thought of it before as it includes my interests, without much on myself, I can only just admit my true self to me so I'm not about to make a username based on me!
My biggest passion is music so this one seems just right - I could do loads more if I was a girl!



MattTheTubaGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jun 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 96
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

29 Jun 2010, 4:57 am

My name is Matthew, I play the tuba, and I am a guy. :D


_________________
"Never memorize what you can look up in books" Albert Einstein
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 293
Location: Philly

29 Jun 2010, 5:12 am

My nick means that I play chess well for not practicing that much. I don't have much time to practice, I like chess, but I like so many other things too. Also, it seemed like a unique name and I just like the nickname despite its nerdiness.



Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2010
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,495
Location: PA

29 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

I fix radios and the name is a takeoff of a model of GE Land Mobile radio the MASTR series



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Jun 2010, 2:39 pm

Three User names that describe me?

1. Scallion

2. Paradox

3. Words



Hidden
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 71
Location: Norway

29 Jun 2010, 3:04 pm

Assembly wrote:
I'm an assembly programmer, thus I go by assembly on this forum.
Yay, more assembly programmers! :compress: :compress: What architecture?

Hidden: Well… needless to say, I prefer to be somewhat anonymous.


_________________
n_n


Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,524
Location: Hamburg, Germany

29 Jun 2010, 3:58 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Three User names that describe me?

1. Scallion

2. Paradox

3. Words


But what does your current User name mean? I´ve always wanted to know....


_________________
"death is the road to awe"


ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,265

29 Jun 2010, 4:04 pm

It looks like a necklace or a design on a C & W shirt. Could even be a tattoo across someone's lower back. What it really reminds me of is one of my favorite passtimes: Swimming. I love being surrounded by water when it's hot outside because I can't stand the heat. The ooOoOoOo reminds me of bubbles. It's me briskly swimming underwater...



Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,524
Location: Hamburg, Germany

29 Jun 2010, 4:12 pm

Oh, thanks! Now I know.

I also like swimming, in the summer, when it´s hot. And lying in the sun to dry off.


_________________
"death is the road to awe"


SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,774
Location: SpongeBob's Pineapple (England really!)

29 Jun 2010, 4:51 pm

My name just shows how much of a SpongeBob freak I am! :lol: The "o" at the end means nothing, it was a spelling mistake and was supposed to be an "n"! :P


_________________
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBobRocksMao!
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
SpongeBobRocksMao!


Jake_Sully
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

29 Jun 2010, 4:52 pm

This is my full name, so this username pretty much conveys who I am.


_________________
This is our land!


Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Apr 2009
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,187

29 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
My name just shows how much of a SpongeBob freak I am! :lol: The "o" at the end means nothing, it was a spelling mistake and was supposed to be an "n"! :P


lol I thought it stood for "my a$$ off"