Guys: How much younger/older than you will you date?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 4:10 pm

Chronos wrote:
I see a lot of men typically date a girl at least a few years younger than they are, and I see a lot of guys who refuse to date women who are even as old as they are, much less anyone older.

So I was wondering how the guys on here feel about dating ranges. Would you date a woman/girl much younger or older than you and by how many years?

My mom is older than my dad by 8 months. I don't care how much older or younger as long as its compatible. Obviously I'm not gonna date some grandma on the verge of her deathbed or a small child.

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2010, 5:16 pm

Theoretically, my "limit" would be 25/26. Obviously, I wouldn't be against liking someone a bit older...but to be honest, I'd prefer someone younger (but not too young!) >_>

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Would you date a woman/girl much younger or older than you and by how many years?

Yes.

Around 18-45... i can give exceptions if the woman still looks ok. I don't go lower than 18 for legal reasons,

The main legal things you need to watch out for(least in my state) are crossing state lines with a minor without parental permission & of coarse the age of consent with is 17 here, thou that is basally meaningless unless they think the girl was forced or her parents are powerful & have connections. The only relationship I had was when I was 20 & the girl was 16. I researched the laws a bit here & in her state(Texas). My cousin's a cop(well he's married to my cousin)

I haven't really thought about being with someone older much cuz as I said earlier most of the women here seem to go for older guys. The only older women who've seemed to like me wer talking about how they wish their daughters/granddaughters would be interested in me instead of the losers they wer going out with. I'm not really against dating someone a bit older than me but my odds seem much better with someone younger sense I'm immature & have some immature interest in music, TV ect. I also like giving advice & listening to others problems when I can & younger women are more apt to have issues that I can help em with. I'm better at helping teens than older adults usually. Maybe somone I'm friends with will fall in love with me; it happened 1ce

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 7:42 pm

As long as she is old enough to keep me out of jail and not so much older that it would get me laughed at. :P Oh and not weirder than me!

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2010, 3:16 am

I could do like 24-35. Any older or younger (and if younger they have to be 21 or up pretty much) they better have a lot to offer in many ways, lol. For older, until I get to closer that age, they better have a lot to offer. Younger, well as long as they are 18 and up, if they are <21 they better be superRICH like a LEGAL Miley Cyrus. I know money isn't love, but when you're toying with age, things get stickier. 21-23, better be at least well off with a bunch of other benefits. Almost hopeless, but not really waiting around either, LOL

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 3:23 am

I aim for -2/+2 at present time though I've gone as high as +4.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 6:53 am

jdcnosse wrote:
Honestly, I guess it all depends on how old they act. I'm 21 and I'd have to say 18-25. My currently girlfriend is the ONLY exception to the rule as when we met she was 16, but we had only dated for a month and she turned 17.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in the same boat right now. My girlfriend turns 17 in a little over two weeks. Personally I find high school girls in some ways quite immature in ways (they in some cases lack insight and all they want is to party and drink), but my current girlfriend has proven me dead wrong.

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

Anything 18 to 49 as long as they are physically attractive. Age doesn't matter. Physical appearance does (as long as they are legal.)

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

Northeastern292 wrote:
Personally I find high school girls in some ways quite immature in ways (they in some cases lack insight and all they want is to party and drink), but my current girlfriend has proven me dead wrong.

That's the case with a lot of 20 something girls as well. 21 means woohoo I can use my ID now, 22 or sometimes later means woohoo I have my own house and don't have to worry about dorm rules or parents complaining. I've seen people in their 40s party too hard even!

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 11:51 pm

i would go 20 years older...

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

nick007 wrote:
SNIP

The thing is:

1. We do not have state lines in Europe
2. I am not a pedophile. The only time i interact with kids is when i frag em to death and laugh at them in online games.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2010, 10:07 pm

Chronos wrote:
I see a lot of men typically date a girl at least a few years younger than they are, and I see a lot of guys who refuse to date women who are even as old as they are, much less anyone older.

So I was wondering how the guys on here feel about dating ranges. Would you date a woman/girl much younger or older than you and by how many years?

My current girlfriend is about seven years older than me. I'm 43...she'll be 50 later this year.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 10:16 pm

I'm 22, and my personal *ideal* range is about 19-25, but I'm perfectly fine with anything 18-30. 17 as well under certain circumstances (like my ex at the time)

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 11:23 pm

Anything over ten years just catches up with you in the end.