Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2010, 1:13 pm

ebec11 wrote:
Okay, I've been slightly obsessed in the past few hours and have been looking at as many reviews for Sims 3 and its expansions as possible. So I have a few questions for those who have the game :)...
...That's all I have for now, I'll ask more later. I'm hoping I can find it used somewhere so I can get it, it sounds really good!

I dont reccomend that you buy it used. If you buy it new you can download patches to fix bugs. You can also download custom and offical content. (Some of the offical content you have to buy, but if you regester your game then you get $10 worth of SimPoints for free)(All custom content is free) You cant do these things (I think) with a used copy.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2010, 10:20 pm

I'm very happy to see a discussion on the game. It's the only one that I am able to play successfully.

About buying a used copy of a Sims game-I would not recommend it because the owner probably registered the game, and EA will not allow anyone to use the registration number more than once. As the last person mentioned that will not allow you to access anything from the Sims 3 website which will include patches. However, if the seller does indicate that the cellophane wrapper is still in tact you wouldn't have any problems.

Does anyone from here upload any thing to the Exchange like houses or patterns? I feel kind of inept because I can't figure out how to use that new EA program to create a pattern. Have you tried it and succeeded?

One more thing. Usually when I read messages from the forum I feel like they are written by NTs who are members of a clique. Have you gotten that feeling as well? Sometimes it seems as though I still have not matured above the age of 8. If I did none of this would bother me. It's nice to know that I can be honest, be myself and not have to worry about anyone criticizing what I say. What a wonderful website!

irene

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2010, 8:46 pm

Even thought I'm an avid simmer, sims3 really dissapointed me!

They're really going backwards, graphics sucked! Even though you can follow your sims around town, detail in graphics is no better! When sims go into cars, they just "vanish", no door opening and stuff!

I'm sticking to The Sims 2, a real classic!

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2010, 7:39 am

I am kind of surprised that you feel that way.

With the Sims 1 and the Sims 2 I found it very difficult for my "friends" to get a promotion on their jobs because there just wasn't enough time to make friends and raise skill levels. Even they had friends it was nearly impossible to maintain them. They had to be called every day. It sounds as though there weren't any autistic Sims in the games. :?: All of them were NTs. :!: We all know that's not right. :wink: How can anyone have a society without non-NTS! Impossible! 8)

I used to use the money cheat constantly. Now I have not used any cheats to progress in the game. But what I have done is download houses that include money trees. A long time ago I found a starter house with 4 of them. Even if the Sim doesn't live in a house with these trees he/she can go to one and pick the money bags. That will also increase their gardening skills.

Are you on the Sims 3 website? My screen name is ireneruthyablon. If you have a chance take a look at my studio page. I think some of things look pretty good. I wish I was able to build houses.

irene

nikki191
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2010, 8:48 am

irene wrote:

With the Sims 1 and the Sims 2 I found it very difficult for my "friends" to get a promotion on their jobs because there just wasn't enough time to make friends and raise skill levels. Even they had friends it was nearly impossible to maintain them. They had to be called every day. It sounds as though there weren't any autistic Sims in the games. :?: All of them were NTs. :!: We all know that's not right. :wink: How can anyone have a society without non-NTS! Impossible! 8)

I used to use the money cheat constantly. Now I have not used any cheats to progress in the game. But what I have done is download houses that include money trees. A long time ago I found a starter house with 4 of them. Even if the Sim doesn't live in a house with these trees he/she can go to one and pick the money bags. That will also increase their gardening skills.

Are you on the Sims 3 website? My screen name is ireneruthyablon. If you have a chance take a look at my studio page. I think some of things look pretty good. I wish I was able to build houses.

irene

I had the same issues with Sims 1 and 2.. but sims 3. I have found i never have to cheat in the game, :D

UrchinStar47
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

I found it that I have to play handicap to make the game interesting. There are plenty of gamebreakers that make things too easy.

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2010, 1:32 am

nikki191 wrote:
irene wrote:

irene

I had the same issues with Sims 1 and 2.. but sims 3. I have found i never have to cheat in the game, :D
But Sims 1 & 2 does beefen up your self-discipline though.... :lol:

But don't you HATE it that the car doors don't open?

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2010, 5:39 pm

Kvornan wrote:
Even thought I'm an avid simmer, sims3 really dissapointed me!

They're really going backwards, graphics sucked! Even though you can follow your sims around town, detail in graphics is no better! When sims go into cars, they just "vanish", no door opening and stuff!

I'm sticking to The Sims 2, a real classic!

Quote:
Yeah although i dont like the look or the sims in sims 2 they look really bony and even when you make them fat their not even fat!

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2010, 12:19 pm

I LOVE The Sims. I spend like 2 hours playing it every day. It's so much fun!

I Sim, therefore I am.

Stadacey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2010, 8:37 am

I love The Sims.

I was addicted to Sims 2 last summer, and then I bought number 3. It's fantastic! I can create my own little world, with the perfect people, create dream houses .e.t.c. :)

My only peeve with the game is that I found out the cheat, which just ruins it for me...it ruins the mystery of it :(

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2010, 11:23 am

Bought it, played it, got bored with it. Now that the game is vastly improved over The Sims 2 and there are no more imperfections, it's not that interesting anymore.