Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:46 pm

The best thing about music alone in the car is there isn't anyone to tell you to turn it down or that they hate the song you are listening to and how can you stand it? At home there's too many complaints but in the car I am truly free.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 3:34 am

another_1 wrote:
Quote:
"there is only one correct playback volume," and that is the exact sound pressure level of the original performance in its original recording venue,
I

I listen mostly to rock (Queen, Rush, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, etc), and I attempt to listen at the "correct playback volume" whenever possible. I seldom listen to music after 10 pm, as I'm afraid the cops will be called. :lol:

more power to you 8)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 4:07 am

Negolin wrote:
Does anyone else feel better when they play their music loud in their home, car, etc?

Thanks.

Yup. But I think most people, not just Aspies, like it.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 6:27 am

I occasionally like loud music when I'm very stressed or angry about something. I blast heavy metal or death metal when I'm like that. But otherwise my music has to be at a moderate level. If someone else plays loud music, it really gets to me.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jun 2010, 11:59 am

Definitely this is a question that has no direct answer from me. I like quiet in general; no radio or music blatting away in the background while I'm trying to do anything. However, sometimes I'll play loud music under certain circumstances, but I MUST have total control of the volume. If I don't, it gets worrisome, and the good experience of the music is ruined by the worry of what to do if it suddenly hurts, and I can't turn it down/off instantly.

Our ranch in Ventura County, CA is next door to a Mexican rodeo facility, where they have mariachi bands playing through megawatt amps, and screaming out Spanish scores. I hate that so much that when they are active on the weekends, I'll have to go away or go out and fire up my dirt bike and ride around our track, drowning out the rodeo. Or if I get mad enough, I'll blow the air raid siren and scare the sh*t out of the spectators :twisted:

Charles

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 1:54 pm

kx250rider wrote:
I MUST have total control of the volume. If I don't, it gets worrisome, and the good experience of the music is ruined by the worry of what to do if it suddenly hurts, and I can't turn it down/off instantly.

I agree.

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 11:21 pm

Negolin wrote:
Does anyone else feel better when they play their music loud in their home, car, etc?

Thanks.

YES!! !! !

It helps me focus when driving. I have no idea at this point WHAT my true diagnosis is, but it is very calming. I also have a totally unsubstantiated theory that it helps me to tie up enough "bandwidth" in my hyper little brain that I can concentrate.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 1:09 pm

I don't like loud music and our neighbor below us used to play his loud. But I think he got kicked out because we haven't seen him around. My husband told me to not say anything about it to the other person who lives in that apartment.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 7:44 am

I like loud music as long as it's good music, LOL.