They only sweat when they fly :lol:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:39 pm

arecibo_ wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
arecibo_ wrote:
I have a friend from Australia, and apparently, their winters are hotter than UK summers. I loathe to think of it.

OMG :shaking:
Then again, because they live in the southern hemisphere, our winter months (december, january, februrary) are their summer months and our summer months are their winter months. So for them July would be mid winter, weird that.
What would they have on their christmas cards? I don't think it would be snow and robins.

Yeah he meant July and that, still over 30 degrees celsius which would be considered a heatwave in Ireland. He told me that they usually have barbecues on the Beach during Christmas which is a very weird thought.

That's not a real christmas 8O
Berbecues?? Beaches??

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:31 am

It was like 100 something degrees here today. Everyday I think I'm having a heatstroke.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:49 am

astaut wrote:
It was like 100 something degrees here today. Everyday I think I'm having a heatstroke.
what better excuse to strip buck naked and go running under the sprinkler :lol: ?

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:54 am

Underneath my clothes I am always completely naked :arrow:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:30 am

It's nothing in the UK, I'm off to Cyprus for a holiday next month, THAT will be hot :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 8:19 am

temperature-wise, i am thankful i live in the south puget sound of washington state. 60's and breezy. fair skies and the occasional sprinkle. not bad at all. i put in my time in the nation's hotboxes [texas and d.c.], several years in all, and i can't imagine returning to those heat-stroke-inducing places ever.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
temperature-wise, i am thankful i live in the south puget sound of washington state. 60's and breezy. fair skies and the occasional sprinkle. not bad at all. i put in my time in the nation's hotboxes [texas and d.c.], several years in all, and i can't imagine returning to those heat-stroke-inducing places ever.

oh my god that sounds so nice. It's been so hot here that I got sick from it last night and I can't remember the last time it rained. All my plants are dying and the flowers have stopped blooming. There aren't even any mosquitoes. I even made the background on my computer a rainy scene to try to keep from being depressed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 3:50 am

happymusic wrote:
There aren't even any mosquitoes. I even made the background on my computer a rainy scene to try to keep from being depressed.

sorry about your discomfort, i know that while puget sound's summer is overdue, it will eventually get here with 90+ degree weather, which will find me indoors in the air conditioning. i had heat stroke in the military so a/c is a must for me.
i would trade you the absense of mosquitos for the surplus i've got here. i was mowing the lawn and the little blighters came out in whining force, and i cut the mowing short and ran inside, and a few of the nasty little hummers followed me inside, and i smacked a particularly fat one that lit on me but only glanced it, and it flew onto the mirror where i towel-whipped it and it made a huge 2-inch diameter bloody splatty splotch, probably of blood it had earlier hoovered from me. blech!

anyways, if the broiling summer blast furnace and the bone-chilling freezer winter wear down on you, you might try the relatively temperate balm of western washington. the other washington. plus, we don't have a state income tax. washington awaits you.

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2010, 7:36 am

Psychopompos wrote:
Pigs don't sweat.
Is that true? Maybe English ones do?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 7:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
i would trade you the absense of mosquitos for the surplus i've got here. i was mowing the lawn and the little blighters came out in whining force, and i cut the mowing short and ran inside, and a few of the nasty little hummers followed me inside, and i smacked a particularly fat one that lit on me but only glanced it, and it flew onto the mirror where i towel-whipped it and it made a huge 2-inch diameter bloody splatty splotch, probably of blood it had earlier hoovered from me. blech!

See, you must be exceptionally tasty. It is the bane of our existence, the delicious people. I have found that a little olive oil on the skin prevents them from biting me, but I just have dinky Virginia, yours sound like ruffians with teeth. That aside, Washington sounds lovely!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 10:28 pm

happymusic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

See, you must be exceptionally tasty. It is the bane of our existence, the delicious people. I have found that a little olive oil on the skin prevents them from biting me, but I just have dinky Virginia, yours sound like ruffians with teeth. That aside, Washington sounds lovely!
Should definite come on up then :) !
We already have a number of Pacific Northwest Aspies & would always welcome one more.
What's keeping you from moving away from dinky Virginia?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 11:26 am

Seanmw wrote:
happymusic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

We already have a number of Pacific Northwest Aspies & would always welcome one more.

The tiny mosquitoes have me trapped a la Gulliver's Travels.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 11:13 pm

happymusic wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
happymusic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The tiny mosquitoes have me trapped a la Gulliver's Travels.
well then go buy some repellent, make like the Jeffersons, & "move on uppp" lol :P