teachers have to explain things better..

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:41 pm

alot of times in school the whole class but me would understand something. i think i understand it, then i do the whole paper wrong!!
its like i thought i was doing it right but then i have to get made fun of for not graphing the paper correctly, im supposed to just "know" to do a certain thing?
i SWEAR i did exactly what he said, but he said something else only the others ears could hear.

teachers have to explain things better..

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:45 pm

this sounds just like me, i use to never ask for help cause i didn't want to look dumb, just try to talk in pravit welcome to wrong planet.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:59 pm

its really hard to get me to understand something..

its easier to show me

Hello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2010, 9:17 pm

Story of my life! I am in my 20's and in college so I am incredibly embarrassed to ask for help..although lately I am trying to get better at asking for help. Actually just today I asked for help on a paper..I asked my group members and they laughed at me and kind of made fun of me for it. So then I got the courage to ask my professor and he put me off and said he'd explain it to the whole class later, but he never did. So then I had to ask again near the end of class and he still did not answer me directly just kind of skimmed over it. I still have no idea..I don't understand it.

It seems I always never understand the really simple things..Like I literally have a hard time grasping the easier concepts. Last semester I did this also and had to get the help of a professor (who i think works with autistic people) and even he seemed to be annoyed at me for being so stupid :/

so yes, i can relate to you very much. im sorry you have to go through this, it is no fun feeling like you are an outsider.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 9:21 pm

I have this too.

Thing is, I don't like to make assumptions.

The rest of the class make an assumption about what something says and most of the time get it right. I tease out every single possible assumption out of a piece of text and have it all explained crystal clearly.

Thing is.. sometimes they don't make the assumption right and I end up right and all of them wrong.... because I got it explained.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:55 pm

When I was a kid I used to ask lots of questions cuz I always wanted to know "Why?" I stopped when other kids made fun of me for it.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 7:54 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I have this too.

Thing is, I don't like to make assumptions.

The rest of the class make an assumption about what something says and most of the time get it right. I tease out every single possible assumption out of a piece of text and have it all explained crystal clearly.

Thing is.. sometimes they don't make the assumption right and I end up right and all of them wrong.... because I got it explained.

yes, that is exactly what i mean