Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kalikimaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2010, 6:10 pm

I'm not in school ATM, I work part time, and I find things to do with friends and family, but I'm lost as far as meeting dates. And really, none of the girls I meet around here fit what I consider important to a relationship. So I'm a little tired of just sitting and waiting for the perfect one to show up and want to search more actively, but I don't have very many options. The places where young people hang out here all attract the same sort of people. And I don't have a terribly huge social network to take advantage of. Any ideas how I can scope out a good date?

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 6:45 pm

What? Why do you want to meet people? Just any people?

You want to meet females, or as my mom tells me I should say, women or people. That's not to say there's any real difference, except that you are looking to meet a certain subset of the more general set of human people, but it doesn't sound politically correct to say "female" or specifically women, and so for whatever reason a whole lot of other people get dragged along into something that would be better said directly, or so it seems to me.

Kalikimaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2010, 6:55 pm

Basically I'm interested in getting in on the dating scene. But I feel like I don't have many prospects as far as running into the type of woman I'm interested in.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

The butchers (bad pun)

Try groups, like book clubs, pottery classes, macramé teapot construction and such. Yoga classes. Or maybe voluntary work type things. Good way to meet chicks of a slightly, ah, non mainstream persuasion.