Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 398

02 Jul 2010, 12:45 am

I disagree with you Loner...look around this board, it's full of AFCs (or Average Frustrated Chumps) who want the long term relationship and "connection" thing.



dynastus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 30

02 Jul 2010, 6:22 am

Lonermutant wrote:
dynastus wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
I think that we have to accept that a lot of Aspie men just want casual sex, not a real relationship, while most Aspie women want marriage, kids and to be as normal as possible.

If Aspie men just want casual sex why do they look for an aspie girl when they can get NT's that 'offer' the 'same sex' that's not very logical.
IF they just go for sex then a NT 'offers' the same as an aspie girl.
And that rule doesn't apply to me,I only want a loving, long term relationship and not some kind of 'sexrelationship'.


Yes, but they believe that it will be easier to get an Aspie woman into bed because they will be more similar to them when it comes to social skills.

With they I think you only mean a few.
Otherwise I and many other aspies here don't follow that rule.



airbase
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 7

03 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

From one female aspie's percpective, unfortunately guys like Lonermutant often do get one over on aspie girls and preoccupy our time. When a guy is practiced at manipulation and the girl's personality is very transperant, it make for a perfect situation for the sociopathic types to take aadvantage of said girl.

I do believe that as many, if not more, female aspies have difficultiy meeting and sharing long term relationships. Almost all of my NT female friends seek that sort of meaningful realationship too. I think the challenge is greater for girls because we are often taken advantage of right from the get go, when we are very young and still very uninformed. As each negative experience takes us down a knotch and we turn further inward it becomes more and more challenging to find or except the right guy. Online dating can be quite intimidating for woman, esp if one realises how many sociopathic NTs or otherwise (such as in Lonermutant's case) are there on the self serving prowl for the convience of internet 'shopping' as it is.

Why don't more Aspie guys attend Meetups? There are always a larger percentage of girls who do. I think any girl is more likely to be open to meeting a guy on a Meetup than an internet dating site, at least it shows initiative.



Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,791
Location: Namsos, Norway

04 Jul 2010, 4:12 am

airbase wrote:
From one female aspie's percpective, unfortunately guys like Lonermutant often do get one over on aspie girls and preoccupy our time. When a guy is practiced at manipulation and the girl's personality is very transperant, it make for a perfect situation for the sociopathic types to take aadvantage of said girl.

I do believe that as many, if not more, female aspies have difficultiy meeting and sharing long term relationships. Almost all of my NT female friends seek that sort of meaningful realationship too. I think the challenge is greater for girls because we are often taken advantage of right from the get go, when we are very young and still very uninformed. As each negative experience takes us down a knotch and we turn further inward it becomes more and more challenging to find or except the right guy. Online dating can be quite intimidating for woman, esp if one realises how many sociopathic NTs or otherwise (such as in Lonermutant's case) are there on the self serving prowl for the convience of internet 'shopping' as it is.

Why don't more Aspie guys attend Meetups? There are always a larger percentage of girls who do. I think any girl is more likely to be open to meeting a guy on a Meetup than an internet dating site, at least it shows initiative.


They don't attend them because they only want simple, no-strings-attached sex with a woman. They know that most of the Aspie women they would meet at these meetups are either in a relationship with a nt man or they are totally asexual.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Jul 2010, 4:13 am

Lonermutant wrote:
They don't attend them because they only want simple, no-strings-attached sex with a woman. They know that most of the Aspie women they would meet at these meetups are either in a relationship with a nt man or they are totally asexual.


Image



dynastus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 30

04 Jul 2010, 5:19 am

Lonermutant wrote:
airbase wrote:
From one female aspie's percpective, unfortunately guys like Lonermutant often do get one over on aspie girls and preoccupy our time. When a guy is practiced at manipulation and the girl's personality is very transperant, it make for a perfect situation for the sociopathic types to take aadvantage of said girl.

I do believe that as many, if not more, female aspies have difficultiy meeting and sharing long term relationships. Almost all of my NT female friends seek that sort of meaningful realationship too. I think the challenge is greater for girls because we are often taken advantage of right from the get go, when we are very young and still very uninformed. As each negative experience takes us down a knotch and we turn further inward it becomes more and more challenging to find or except the right guy. Online dating can be quite intimidating for woman, esp if one realises how many sociopathic NTs or otherwise (such as in Lonermutant's case) are there on the self serving prowl for the convience of internet 'shopping' as it is.

Why don't more Aspie guys attend Meetups? There are always a larger percentage of girls who do. I think any girl is more likely to be open to meeting a guy on a Meetup than an internet dating site, at least it shows initiative.


They don't attend them because they only want simple, no-strings-attached sex with a woman. They know that most of the Aspie women they would meet at these meetups are either in a relationship with a nt man or they are totally asexual.

You best be trollin!
Or just speak for yourself!
Also most of the time it isn't 'asexual' but just a very low libido.

Edit:Just read something.If you are only interested in casual sex could it be you have an obsession for sex?



Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,791
Location: Namsos, Norway

04 Jul 2010, 5:48 am

dynastus wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
airbase wrote:
From one female aspie's percpective, unfortunately guys like Lonermutant often do get one over on aspie girls and preoccupy our time. When a guy is practiced at manipulation and the girl's personality is very transperant, it make for a perfect situation for the sociopathic types to take aadvantage of said girl.

I do believe that as many, if not more, female aspies have difficultiy meeting and sharing long term relationships. Almost all of my NT female friends seek that sort of meaningful realationship too. I think the challenge is greater for girls because we are often taken advantage of right from the get go, when we are very young and still very uninformed. As each negative experience takes us down a knotch and we turn further inward it becomes more and more challenging to find or except the right guy. Online dating can be quite intimidating for woman, esp if one realises how many sociopathic NTs or otherwise (such as in Lonermutant's case) are there on the self serving prowl for the convience of internet 'shopping' as it is.

Why don't more Aspie guys attend Meetups? There are always a larger percentage of girls who do. I think any girl is more likely to be open to meeting a guy on a Meetup than an internet dating site, at least it shows initiative.


They don't attend them because they only want simple, no-strings-attached sex with a woman. They know that most of the Aspie women they would meet at these meetups are either in a relationship with a nt man or they are totally asexual.

You best be trollin!
Or just speak for yourself!
Also most of the time it isn't 'asexual' but just a very low libido.

Edit:Just read something.If you are only interested in casual sex could it be you have an obsession for sex?



Bullseye, I want a sex slave, not a girlfriend. Simple as that. Don't tell me that most of men with AS actually want a long-time relationship, family and all that crap. I have no need for friends or a girlfriend, I just want a sex slave, a free prostitute I can do whatever I please with.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Jul 2010, 5:50 am

Image



Last edited by Asp-Z on 04 Jul 2010, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

04 Jul 2010, 5:50 am

Why do you assume most aspergers men are like you?

Why does aspergers even have anything to do with your argument? Its most likely completely unrelated.



zena4
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,084

04 Jul 2010, 5:56 am

Why can't you see he's plainly speaking the truth?

Laws are here to protect ourselves but in the secret of their heart, how many agree with Lonermutant?
Not only aspies or whatever but A LOT of people, all kinds of people.

Or else, there wouldn't be no porn at all, would it?



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Jul 2010, 5:58 am

zena4 wrote:
Why can't you see he's plainly speaking the truth?

Laws are here to protect ourselves but in the secret of their heart, how many agree with Lonermutant?
Not only aspies or whatever but A LOT of people, all kinds of people.

Or else, there wouldn't be no porn at all, would it?


I don't at all, and there have been plenty of males who have disagreed with Lonermutant's trolly comments all over the forum.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

04 Jul 2010, 5:58 am

It bothers me that he's even throwing aspie in there. Its nothing to do with being aspie.



DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,837

04 Jul 2010, 6:02 am

hale_bopp wrote:
It bothers me that he's even throwing aspie in there. Its nothing to do with being aspie.
:thumright:



Anke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 50
Location: United Kingdom

04 Jul 2010, 6:17 am

Only just noticed this thread. Here's my perspective on dating. Might help some of you, and deal with some pre-conceptions.

I'm female and I have a son who's been diagnosed with Aspergers recently. Dating since my divorce has been... difficult. (That pic by the way is me.) I'm quite social but my gosh it's difficult for me to get interested. You've got to have a brain and lots of people don't. (I suspect I have some Aspie traits too...)

To the guys around here - you have a huge advantage - your brain. Do something with that. I've been reading through this thread and mostly I'm seeing a defeatist attitude. Self-pity is about the least attractive thing in a man. I might be uncharacteristically resourceful (that's just been recognised by my son's dad, finally) but mostly I've grown to be resourceful because if I don't take care of things, nobody else will.

You also need to work on being the person that's worth loving. That means physical fitness, hygiene. Expose yourself to situations in which there's a chance of things happening. Get your mind in shape so that when you do meet a lovely person you're relaxed, and ready to step up and simply ask her a question.

All these things are just off the top of my head. Social pressures make it almost impossible to work these things out - just forget about them. Forget about asking people out, just make friends who can get to know you as you are, be unconventional, be yourself, be authentic, be someone I'd want to love.

I don't know. Is any of this making sense to anyone?


_________________
Go for it.


DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,837

04 Jul 2010, 6:49 am

Anke wrote:
I don't know. Is any of this making sense to anyone?

Yes, very much
I needed to hear that, thank you.