Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

My mom and dad aren't together anymore, and they always argue on the phone. My dad lives in Chicago and my mom is there visiting my grandma (her mother), and my dad is on the other side of town. My mom wont be back for a while. and next week I start my summer program for college which lasts 5 weeks and I'm broke. My mom said she'll send 75 dollars today yesterday. but now she's saying she'll send it tomorrow. My dad was suppose to give my mom 150 dollars, which was originally suppose to be sent to me for my driving course, but i have to hold off on that becuz my mom needs the money. So he's sending her the money. But no one wants to take my mom across the town to get the money, therefore its taking forever for me to get mine, because she said she has to figure out when she gets the money from dad so she can have money to send me.

My dad is telling me that she told him that we were all coming to chicago, which is a lie. I dont know if my mom said that, but if she did she was lying. My mom had to spend 400 dollars for a one way flight because on her first flight she got off because she doesnt like turbulence and there was a warning that there was a storm in chicago. Also my uncle wouldnt have been able to pick her up. so she got off the plane. That ticket costed 100. When she came back to the airport two days later it costed her 400 dollars. so now i feel like she's taking away my money for some dumb ass decision she made.and just trying to get money.

My dad calls me up and complains about my mom and im sick of hearing it. so i told him. I said "what does any of this tsuff have to do with me, what does her not having a ride across town have to do with me. she's suppose to be giving me $75 but she's waiting to get the money from you. im sick of this junk". Then he said "oooh okay, I'll sned you the money tomorrow"

So now im in a stuck position. should I tell my mom that he is sending the money, which may cause problems. or should i just get the money, never say anything and also let my mom send the other $75 whenever she does it.

Now i feel guilty. i was just speaking my mind. I hate not having a damn job. but my mom wants me to wait on social security. AHHHHHHHHHH!! !

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm

You have nothing to feel guilty about. It sounds like they are both acting pretty immaturely.

Let him send you the money. Who knows if she is even going to?

And, if she does--so what? You need it for school. They should both care about that much.

Soledad wrote:
I hate not having a damn job. but my mom wants me to wait on social security. AHHHHHHHHHH!! !

And that makes it her problem re: money, not yours.

I repeat: you have nothing to feel guilty about.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jun 2010, 1:52 am

The situation is finally resolved. thank god

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 11:52 pm

It's your parents who should feel guilty.

I know you love your parents but this is an integral time in your life right now, where you have to get all of your affairs in order to prepare yourself for life as an adult and get on good footing in society.

There are also going to be a lot of opportunities coming up for you socially and otherwise that you should be in the position to take advantage of while you can.

You need to get used to "putting your foot down" to give yourself the chance you need to succeed in the world, and that means looking out for your mental well being and realizing you have a responsibility to yourself to look after your own emotional well being.

You told your father the right thing. Let your parents sort out their own issues without involving you.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

I blame your parents.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:14 pm

Your parents sound a lot like mine except that they are still together. Your mom sounds like someone who doesn't know how to manage her money at all. I would be cordial and respectful while also a little direct with her. I would tell her, "Mom, I would like to have a word with you about something." You then arrange to speak to her one-one, " Mom, I was really looking forward to getting some money for school. However, I really felt like you let me down by spending the money on yourself."

I would also tell her like you told your dad that the fight is between them and not you and so you had a right to speak up.