Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

I don't get very mad at inanimate objects but my NT husband can really get into a fury at them! Sometimes I have to hide because all the anger gives me a stomach ache. I couldn't count how many times he's said, "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the computer/myshoes/thecar/whatever" and I keep telling him, "it doesn't matter that you're not mad at me, it gets me just as upset and anxious anyway." But I don't think he can stop yelling at things; it's too much a part of who he is.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

Ummmmm.....

Does my computer count as inanimate? :lol:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:28 pm

This is actually kind of odd, but I don't get mad at my tv, dvd player, cd player, or ds. If something's wrong with them, it's more like I'm concerned about them.

I do, however, get mad at like at the copier at work. I will be like 'you're going to do this right, if it takes you the rest of the morning'.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:56 pm

Absolutely I do. And I talk to them too! If editing programs count I used to curse them out regularly in college :lol:

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm

Oh yes. I get mad at my computer a lot. And for some reason the microwave and I just don't hit it off.

young_god
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

I tend to get more angry at animate objects (whatever that means).
But I have to laugh when my mate brings round his laptop for me to fix.
For why? I ask.
Because I threw it at the wall.
Couldn't he have just verbally abused it instead?
I know that's what gets to me...

He's - what's the expression? - is it NT you fellas call it?
And i'm the 'odd' one.

Nuttah!

(mind you it did fail on him when he was about to give in his last
assignment at the OU - still)...

I don't think I would ever throw a laptop at the wall - that is what I call
getting mad at an inanimate object...

cheers.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 3:50 am

Coldkick wrote:
When I was younger (I don't do it very much anymore) whenever I bumped into something I would blame it on the object and punch it a few times.

Same here (when I was younger.)

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 3:54 am

MrXxx wrote:
Ummmmm.....

Does my computer count as inanimate? :lol:

Yes, unless it is a Roomba. (They should have named it "Rosie." :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Jul 2010, 4:23 am

Ya. :oops: I've broken so much crap because it "wronged" me in some way or another.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

i've had fantasies about taking a sledgehammer to my balky infernal computer when it locked up for the umpteenth time and destroying days' worth of work. my brother once took a chronically balky carburetor off of an engine and hurled it across his garage, slamming into a big junkpile, landing like a bomb creating a big crater and shrapnel shower of loose junk pieces [he has a big garage]. i knew a cook who took a malfunctioning toaster that kept blackening his toast, and pulled it out by the wires and hurled it out the window. my late father got mad at us dumb kids who opened a loaf of bread the wrong way, ruining the wrapper, so rather than murder us, he took the loaf of bread, raised it over his head like a wrestler about to dump his opponent onto the mat, and hurled it onto the floor. i took a sledgehammer to a malfunctioning piece of crap electronics junk DVD player that wouldn't play any of my rental DVDs, "damn it to hell!" BAMBAMBAM!! rending it into metal fragments. boy, that felt GOOD! i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the ol' tree. :roll:
maybe i'd have been a bit nicer to the balky-but-non-sentient objects if only i'd have been allowed to strangle a few [ok, more than a few] folk who richly deserved throttling, just a little bit. or gotten to have ripped a few a-hole's ears off, or maybe even if i'd been permitted to corner some of my army noncom bosses and perform complex brain surgery on them via the proctological route, using a jackhammer.