Does Aspergers and romance neediness go hand in hand?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

gordonsill7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

We all have 'needs', and 'desires' For some, it is money, for some it is spiritual, for some it is their hobbies, sports, whatever it is, we all- aspie or nt, we have desires.

In my situation: I come across as needy, I am told this by my parents sometimes. Why do I want a young woman in my life? NOT to validate me, honestly, sometimes I do deal with low self-esteem, but girl or no girl, it will be a struggle sometimes, and with the girl, she will of course get upset with me, as I would her (conflict is inevitable) which we work through together. Key word TOGETHER.

Having romance, means it takes 2 to tango... it's US against the world... and we work through it, 110/110. I am VERY affectionate, I love kissing, holding, cuddling, etc. Though I have not had much of that. I am out of college now, trying to find jobs, and I often worry, that this won't happen, or it will be years down the line.

Love is something that, really does complete you, yet it also enhances you. So while, I do feel okay now, they say you meet your "other half". Equal partnership, you care for each other, your strengths and her weaknesses can balance out.

I may very well come across as needy. My heart wants to be loved, and I want to be responsible, and care for her heart as well. I'm not going to just find a girl that is hard to deal with, etc. Certain personality types I do not get along with, as is with everyone. So, for some, AS or not, they will be needy, for others, it is simply that want for romance, in which we haven't had much experience.

It may sound as if I put it on a pedestal. Maybe I do. I have seen bad marriages, and good marriages, thus I know relationships are NOT all perfect and sunny. Every rose will have its thorns, I know that. She will get an attitude, and so will I. We will disagree, argue, yet it takes work and effort to resolve it, and move forward. In those times, we learn more about the other person, loving them even more.

Do I desire this? Absolutely. Am I NEEDY for it? No, because I don't NEED a girl, I'd be lonely, bored, and affection deprived, and everything I have to offer would go to waste, romance wise, but I wouldn't NEED anyone.