Do you find yourself racing home to indulge in a special int

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2010, 5:31 am

Do you find yourself racing home to indulge in a special interest, especially a new one?

I have a new special interest that includes reading material which I have just got. I thought about it all day at work and couldn't wait to get home to get started.

Here's to a new special interest for me :D

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:51 am

Yep! I get excited thinking about it all day, too.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2010, 5:52 am

I race home after class to sleep :-p

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:59 am

I find myself speeding through my job, so I can get home, as soon as possible and get on WP, which has been my first real obsession, of the 21st Century.

I've also ordered a documentary that I've been itching to watch, for weeks, now. I've just picked it up, yesterday evening, and it has yet, to be unwrapped. 8)

huntedman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2010, 6:02 am

[quote="ponies']Do you find yourself racing home to indulge in a special interest, especially a new one? [/quote]
Yes, although too tired now to get that excited

a new interest is a great feeling, have fun. :D

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:53 am

I always do, and when I was a little kid I always ran home excited because I hated school when I was young.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:56 am

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is go on the computer and check on my special interests. It's also usually the last thing I do at night before I go to sleep. If I have to go somewhere during a really obsessive period, I am very sad and restless the whole time I'm away, constantly thinking about the special interest. I just can't wait to go home, go on my computer, and enjoy myself.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:26 am

Pretty much, yes. Sometimes I also take my special interests to work and do them there, when I think I can get away with it. The nerdiness of my interests has often served as a good cover.....it's sometimes quite hard to tell the difference between work-related activities and the stuff of my obsessions.

My job is largely irrelevent to me apart from it being a source of income. I like to think that it would be very different if I were doing something I really believed in. I identify with my home and private life mostly, and when people ask what I do for a living, I find it hard to understand why they want to hear about anything so irrelevent to the heart.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

Wake up in the morning to check out my interests and then fall asleep on the bus because its so boring without my computer, and then I get on the computer again...wide awake!

SeaMonkey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm

ponies wrote:
I have a new special interest that includes reading material which I have just got. I thought about it all day at work and couldn't wait to get home to get started.

What are you reading¿

^^ No idea why that question mark came out upside down lol

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2010, 1:26 pm

While not my special interest per say, I can't wait to get home from work to look up the things that I thought about during my 8 hour shift. I have a tendency to check my Facebook, local news and weather sites, the message boards that I am on and my e-mail. Our internet use is restricted at work, so it is hard to look these things up.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

Yep, and I think about it all day too. I go over the data I already have in my mind and analyze it. I think there will always be something new to learn about it so I try to gather as much info from as many sources as I can.

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2010, 2:19 pm

Luckily in high school one of my special interests was running the school newspaper, so I didn't have to rush home to do that. I would usually stay until 4 or 5 o'clock to work on it after school, and when the issue was done I'd be mad cause I had nothing to do.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 3:02 pm

Yes, but now I hardly ever go anywhere. :P

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

When I was in elementary school, I would race home everyday to watch Pokemon and Arthur.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 1:39 pm

Back in the summer of '02, I had to be woken up every morning at 8:00AM to watch Hamtaro, and I had to be home every evening at 5:00PM to watch another episode of it. *sigh*... Nostalgia...Those were the days. I never missed an episode, and I shudder to think how I would have reacted if that had ever happened. :lol: