Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

FartButt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2006, 8:08 pm

I have a Facebook profile, but I've never been myself on it. I always make up weird creepy profiles and then scare people with them. One of my profiles was "Michael." "Michael" is a creepy old man who is in the personals section of an alternative newspaper in my city. He's been in it every issue for about ten years. While I was michael, I would stick random girls names in my "I'm in a relationship with:" box. The girls would then be told that I did this and need to either accept or reject it. Most girls would just reject this without saying anything to me, some girls would reject me and send me a rude message, some girls would reject it and laugh, and some girls would accept it (I have no idea why anyone would do this).
Anyway there was one girl who sent me a message after doing this to me and said "..hi nice to meet u...sorry i cant be ur gf, because i've just met you." This was the nicest thing anyone ever said to Michael, and now, about a year later I met this girl. She is in my psychological statistics class, but I just discovered that she was in this class this week, which is only two weeks away from the end of the semester. I didn't notice her earlier because this class is in a huge lecture hall and there are over 200 students taking it. I thought that if she was so nice to Michael, maybe she'd even be nice to me. So the next time I had this class I sat down by her and said, "Hi, you're (girls's name) aren't you?" She said yes, so then I asked her if she remembered when an old guy named Micheal tried to marry her on the facebook. She didn't understand what i said, so I repeated myself, she didn't understand this time either, and then the professor started class. She slid a piece of paper at me and whispered, "write it." I wrote the question on the paper and slid it back to her. She looked at it and laughed and shook her head. Then she left class about 10 minutes early, so I didn't get a chance to talk to her after class. She smiled at me before she left, so maybe she wasn't just leaving to get away from me. I've had this class one more time since then, but I got there before she did and she didn't sit next to me.
Did I make a mistake by letting her know that I'm the weirdo who made this creepy facebook profile and then tried to marry myself to her? Since she didn't sit next to me when I got there before her does that mean that she doesn't want anything to do with me? Next time I have this class should I sit by her if she gets there before me, or should I just leave her alone?

emp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 9:01 pm

Yes, you did screw up, big time. Oh wait, I thought you were asking about your choice of profile name "FartButt".

hmm, I suppose now I am obligated to say something useful. Re your question about where she chose to sit, not sitting next to you does not imply she dislikes you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 9:22 pm

Well in my opinion it was just stupid and creepy of you to make bogus profiles to begin with. No girl wants to go out with someone who does that.. warning bells would ring, this guy is a creepy psychopath.

Whats even worse is you told her, now she probably thinks you're a creepy pschopath that gets your jollies out of harassing women online.

You screwed up, bigtime, in my opinion. Never ever do that sort of crap again, and if you do, at least don't say anything about it.

And fart butt is a very unappealing name, I hope you don't go by that in real life, too.

ThisLife
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2006, 10:31 pm

Um, yep.

I personally would be creeped out if some guy did that to me.

FartButt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2006, 1:20 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought, I'm not sure why I even had to ask.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 2:06 pm

What they said. Yes. Good advice. I will add that since she laughed and smiled at you, there is a small chance that she will forgive your bad behavior. If so, consider yourself very lucky and do not do it again. If she gives you no positive reciprocation, be sure to leave her alone, as you are already on unstable ground and you do not want be causing trouble by hassling her. So tread very carefully and humbly and consider making an apology to her.

FubarGoof
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2006, 3:06 pm

Hey, cut the bloke some slag please!

I think it was pretty harmless, and you were open and honest with her about that, and she may have appreciated that. As you said, she was different in the first place, she wasn't creeped out or anything, in fact she may have found your little features charming. I am pretty sure you never meant to do anyone any harm, you did that to scare people away, very aspie btw, you wanted to be left alone, but express yourself at the same time.

She smiled at you, didn't she? :-D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 1:17 pm

emp wrote:
What they said. Yes. Good advice. I will add that since she laughed and smiled at you, there is a small chance that she will forgive your bad behavior.

That could have been a nervous reaction to him.. before she managed to get away.

Quote:

I think it was pretty harmless, and you were open and honest with her about that, and she may have appreciated that. As you said, she was different in the first place, she wasn't creeped out or anything, in fact she may have found your little features charming. I am pretty sure you never meant to do anyone any harm, you did that to scare people away, very aspie btw, you wanted to be left alone, but express yourself at the same time.

She smiled at you, didn't she?

It may be to you, but women are different, they would find it kinda creepy.

FartButt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2006, 9:18 pm

Well she wasn't in class today, so I guess I reeeeaaally scared her.... or maybe she was sick .... or maybe she just skipped because it's a really boring class and almost everyone skips at least once a week.

Quote:

She smiled at you, didn't she?

That's what I was thinking before I talked to her, I thought she probably had a similar sense of humor to me and didn't take things like the facebook too seriously, like a lot of people do. After I talked to her I started to wonder if it was such a good idea. Also, I would have never come up with a reason to talk to her otherwise.

boothinator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2006, 10:31 pm

Since she didn't recoil in horror, I imagine that it is quite salvagable. My plan of attack would to be as honest and true as possible if you approach her again, since I would imagine that you put info on the profile that is obviously false if you are met in person. The reason for being honest is to give you some credibility other than being just some creepy guy. I would explain that it was a joke profile and why you fooled her. Past that, you have to use your social skills to get to know her better.

scousered
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2006, 5:11 am

I would leave her alone if i were you. You have done her enough harm as it is. If you think that act of you showed sense of homour- i mean your factbook profile- then it is very poor of you
Remember that she said nothing after your confession, only laughed, smiled and went away- she laughed it off. Laugh has many functions, nott only showing mirth y shaking off something odd, relieving tension- with laughter, all tense muscles are shaken through and relax. The reason of laughter can be positive but it can be negative too. Never heard of nervous laughter? Have you never laughed because you were confused or nervous?
also, mind that she asked you to repeat your confession many times. That signalised that your confession was so unbelievable to her ears that she couldn't believe it and wanted confirmation that she hasn't misheard you.

You can -maybe- after a long time -weeks or months- tell her that it was a joke...but would that set things right?

Oh and... Quote: " I've had this class one more time since then, but I got there before she did and she didn't sit next to me. " That means she is not looiking for you. Another thing_ She shook her head on reading your confession. That is usully a sign of disapproval or disbelief.Right?

You should approach girls differently...

Last edited by scousered on 25 Apr 2006, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 5:16 am

It would be sort of funny if she wasn't one of the people you had been harassing.

Seing she replied so nicely to your message when you harassed her, I'm guessing the smile thing was reacting the same way.. covering up what she really thinks.