03 Jul 2010, 11:55 am

http://elektr0nicrecords.webs.com/tryptaminedream.htm

The download link is at the bottom :P

Tell me what you think of it peeps :)

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 12:39 pm

I like. Good cruising music for aimless drives.

Didn't have time today to really listen intently. Had to sample really, but good work.

Great production quality. I will say the similarity between "Tryptamine" and "Tangerine" is, well, kind of obvious. Another thing I would add is that with this type of music, to me anyway, it seems prudent to change up the sounds you use a lot more than you do. A lot of the synth settings are exactly the same, which doesn't offer quite enough variety for my tastes. The songs themselves also seem, for the most part, to have the same basic patterns. Slow building intros, leading to pounding rhythms. While I love that structure, it can get old really fast, especially when the drum and synth sounds are basically the same every time.

I may not be the best person to critique though. While I love electronic music, I have a voracious appetite for variety. I like to be surprised. Predictability turns me off. I wouldn't have ended the album with Drifting. I would have placed it second to last, ending the collection with a "bang."

This is only after a quick sampling though. Don't take any of this as my final opinion. I'll try to listen again a couple of times. My opinions often change as music grows on me.

Bottom line is, I think it's great work, I like it a lot. :D

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

LFO
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2010, 4:20 pm

Thanks for reviewing MrXxx! :P