Do you think I should attempt to do this?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 7:54 pm

I am 5'11. There is this guy on a construction site called Igor who stands at 6'5 and he has been giving me dirty looks and tripping me up on purpouse while I have been doing work experience. I think he hates students.

The guy comes from Holland and he is built quite big, and has the whole arian blonde haired blue eyed thing going on. I myself have muscle and weigh 169 at the moment. What are the chances of me beating this guy in a fight? He is in his late 30's and I am 20. I thinking of fighting him this wendesday coming up to prove myself. The 6'5 guy weighs over 200 lbs I think.

He is strong and has big arms. Everyone else is kinda afraid of him.

Last edited by Jamesy on 04 Jul 2010, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:04 pm

Depends. I could just tell you that fighting isn't the answer but who am I kidding I got more respect from fighting than I ever did unclenching my fist and walking away.

You'll likely get beat however, fighting really depends on who fights dirtiest even more that it depends on strength, almost makes me wonder how I won fights when I was weak despite the fact that I never hit anywhere which could do any permanent damage. I probably would have lost if I could feel pain when I fought though.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:18 pm

Why will I most likely get beat? I have muscle.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:27 pm

He might just fancy you, and hasn't learned an adult way of expressing it.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

Have you worked out what will happen afterwards if you win or lose? IOW, can you keep coming to then job, will you get fired, if you get fired is that ok, will you end up having to deal with more crap, and etc. In a way it seems similar to dating a co-worker, in terms of the consequences -- the need to think ahead about the possible outcomes.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:47 pm

I will fight him the car park outside of the construction site. I will follow him and jump on his back. Hopefully from there I will be able to get him onto the ground and start punching him.

Should not be a problem. Besides he is only 6 inches taller than me and I am tall myself and have big arms so I am not really scared.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:57 pm

Never give yourself a chance lose a real fight. You should never fight fair in a real battle. Next time he trips you, hit him hard in the shins with a tool. then see if he still wants to play...

Is it really worth the consequences? What if he falls on a nail and dies? Pick your battles wisely...

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:59 pm

Yeah and I mean height means nothing either in a fight right? Its the height difference which concerns me the most.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2010, 9:00 pm

Given that's he is 6'5", he already has the advantage over you in that aspect, being that he has a much easier shot at your face than you do at his (he has the upper hand, so to speak). Don't bother fighting him, it's really not worth the assault charges he could potentially file against you... :/

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:14 pm

Yea the repercussions are much worse than some height difference. At the very least, you will lose your job.

Also you're a p**** if you jump some dude from behind without warning, no exceptions. You should never instigate a fight unless you think you can win it straight up, if you're that fundamentally scared of the guy you'll get your ass beat anyway.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:16 pm

Well he's try to provoke me on a daily basis.

So what if he has a good shot at my face? I have a much easier shot at his groin.

He may look strong and talk in a deep voice but dosen't mean he is strong. I am no p**** either.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2010, 9:24 pm

amazon_television wrote:
Yea the repercussions are much worse than some height difference. At the very least, you will lose your job.

Also you're a p**** if you jump some dude from behind without warning, no exceptions. You should never instigate a fight unless you think you can win it straight up, if you're that fundamentally scared of the guy you'll get your ass beat anyway.

Amazon proves a good point, though. Even if he doesn't file charges for assault and battery, you'd probably lose your job for fighting another employee (even if he's been doing s**t to you). They're only gonna see YOU assaulting him, and not what he has done to you, and you'll be the one getting canned, not him.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

I probably can beat him in a fight. As they say "The bigger they are the harder they fall".

Its only work expereince I do not really want to do this job as a proffesion.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2010, 9:30 pm

It won't look good on your resume, that's for sure.

"So Mr. __________, what happened at so-and-so company? Why were you let go from there?"

"I beat the crap out of some as*hole who was f*****g with me at work. He deserved it!"

"I see..... well, have a lovely day. We'll call you in a few days with a decision on employment."

(No calls back)

Honestly, I don't recommend it. You could beat him in a fight, who knows. But honestly, will that stop him from screwing with you? Not necessarily. Who knows, he may do something worse to you after for revenge even if the fight somehow goes unnoticed. Let's say you lose the fight, though. Not only are you gonna get beat silly, you're probably gonna get fired, possibly have assault charges against you. Why even bother? He's a s**thead, he's not worth your time.

Last edited by JCpatriots on 04 Jul 2010, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:31 pm

amazon_television wrote:
Really? You think there is such a thing as a fair fight outside of a ring with a referee? You need to grow up. I fully disagree with blind siding someone to start a fight, but there is no such thing as fighting fair. Either win or don't fight.

Fighting is stupid and should only be used as a last resort. You probably never even talked to the guy did you?

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:34 pm

If you are comfortable with the potential fallout and don't care about your job then go beat him down if it means that much to you.

Don't blindside him, tell him to step outside and if he's into it go ahead and serve him up.