Worf 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
The ship's computer 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Belana Torres 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jul 2010, 9:14 pm

There IS a reason why I use spock as my Steam ID. TOS for the win.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2010, 12:15 am

I've been having some stuff mentioned about Vulcans on my MySpace; it's listed in my pro here in case anyone's interested :wink: Vulcans are mentioned in Heroes :P

Can anyone here relate to Quark :?: I think he'd be the hardest character for an Aspie to relate to(out of the main ones anyways) A couple years ago I hung-out on a site that had fake money & items & stuff & I actually was a popular businessman. I quoted the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition & I talked about how I wanted my tittle to be Grand Nagus :o In reality; I am kind of frugal(cheap), kind of skeptical of others & I shop around online for the best deal possible before buying something but that's about the only ways I'm like Quark

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 2:12 am

manifoldrob wrote:
Spock was my hero and role model growing up, I could really relate to him - never shows emotions even though he has strong ones, scientific, intelligent, not social, no small talk. An aspie hero if ever there was one.

When I was in grad school a guy I knew who probably was AS used to argue he was Data, and Data was far cooler. Of course, we all know he's wrong, but I wonder what Star Trek character aspies relate to. Write yours in if I left yours out. I apologize if you don't know star trek characters, I'm sorry you've missed so much. ;) Oh and the "new star trek movie" doesn't count - that's star trek by people who have never seen star trek.

I was thinking about bumping one of the old Startrek threads so this saves some time.

For the newcomers, I can be Spock, Odo or Data, depending on my mood.

My preference would be for whichever one of these Autistic characters had the best chance of dating 7 of 9 :wink: :arrow:

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 2:32 am

No Red Shirt? :)

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jul 2010, 5:41 pm

nick007 wrote:
It's OK there's lots of StarTrek characters. I think the main 1s most Aspies relate to are probably Spock & Data but I think some of the women mite chose T'Pol.
7of9 was an extremely popular character & lots of guys had crushes on her; I had a crush on Kess but not 7 thou 7 was one of my favorites. I'm not sure if many Aspies can relate to her even if she is a fav cuz she was very erratic. She went true a lot of changes & people didn't really know what she would do next. Most Aspies are kind of consistent.

Spock, the epitome of logical cool - the observer, in his element.
Data, the literal savant, always learning - the searcher, seeking more.

It would be hard not to find an affinity with both of them.

T'Pol. When she first arrived, I could relate to her, the difficulties she had adjusting to the human assault on her senses - too smelly, too noisy, just too much, so she withdraws to cope. She's at the mercy of her senses, prone to get overwrought and confused, subject to meltdown even. But I don't really relate to the fact that she seems to alternate between cold (rather than cool) and too emotional, since she rather lacks both passion and kindness.

My vote goes to 7 of 9.
Not the pneumatic looks - living inside a female body you rarely notice the accoutrements unless they are getting in the way. The outside is frequently irrelevant, and sometimes the borg version fits the self-image anyway.
But the way she is, that is a very close match. And Seven can do kindness, even if she reaches a reason to do so by logic - that I can understand. Seven changed, in a way, because as she experienced things, she was able to consciously upgrade the programming to incorporate new understanding.

And sometimes the Doctor made me wince with similarity.

Blindspot149 wrote:
For the newcomers, I can be Spock, Odo or Data, depending on my mood.

My preference would be for whichever one of these Autistic characters had the best chance of dating 7 of 9 :wink: :arrow:

Interesting idea. Spock and Seven, aesthetically and intellectually well-matched, probably not quite what you had in mind though. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 5:44 pm

Whichever one shows the most emotion.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 9:41 pm

pakled wrote:
I am Reg Barkley...;)

Yep, me too!

Being female, I had a huge crush on him for a while, too. :wink:

Seven of Nine on VOYAGER is one of the few female TV characters ANYWHERE whom I can relate to.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2010, 10:31 pm

conundrum wrote:
pakled wrote:
I am Reg Barkley...;)

Yep, me too!

A female watching Star Trek :? :o RED ALERT! !
I always thought women HATED stuff like that. I've been told that by guys & women who wer giving me tips on how to find a woman. Is this an alternate dimension :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:36 pm

nick007 wrote:
conundrum wrote:
pakled wrote:
I am Reg Barkley...;)

Yep, me too!

I always thought women HATED stuff like that. I've been told that by guys & women who wer giving me tips on how to find a woman. Is this an alternate dimension :?:

See, this is why stereotypes are so damaging.

The first time my bf and I met, I was wearing a Starfleet Academy sweatshirt. :lol: A mutual love of Star Trek is one of the things we have in common.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 1:30 am

ladyrain wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
]For the newcomers, I can be Spock, Odo or Data, depending on my mood.

Interesting idea. Spock and Seven, aesthetically and intellectually well-matched, probably not quite what you had in mind though. :)

If I was Spock, I would have worked on my hair a bit and spent a little more time in the gym if I was dating, or had a shot at dating 7.

I also had a HUGE crush on Dax

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 2:00 am

Unnamed Jem'Hadar soldier

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 6:58 am

I'm Tuvok

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 8:20 am

Blake_be_cool wrote:
I'm Tuvok

Ah yes, the bi-racial and more visually polished Vulcan :?:

An understandable and good choice for an Aspie.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

conundrum wrote:
Seven of Nine on VOYAGER is one of the few female TV characters ANYWHERE whom I can relate to.
That is exactly right. :)
I wish I had the knack of writing, I just get too wordy. :(

nick007 wrote:
Just a different planet. :) I love sci-fi.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

nick007 wrote:

Actually, I've known a lot who liked it. My mom, grandmother, 2 ex-girlfriends, etc. Just don't expect the preppy rich girl or jock chick to appreciate it (unless she got into college on an academic scholarship).

manifoldrob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

Glad to see the Tuvoks and Sevens here!

Nick, yes Quark would be the anti-aspie, although he does like to count his money. I didn't put any captains here as they are way too outgoing. The ultimate anti-aspie would have to be Deanna Troi!

One of the characters I really loved and wished I could emulate was Garek - plain and simple Garek. I really loved the Cardassians, their selfless devotion to duty and state really resonated with me. I always thought they were vaguely patterned after the Soviets.

And as long as this is going to devolve into which ST character did you have a crush on I'd have to mention Droxine from the original series, "The Cloud Minders" episode. She had a thing for spock and, just great scenes, one of the best episodes, good social commentary too.

Of course, seven was the ultimate. I think STVOY lost some credibility putting someone so pneumatic in, but really that overshadowed what a wonderful character she was, and unsocial, direct - an aspies dream girl.

And if you haven't guessed ST is the thing I can ramble on about for hours and not care if anyone is listening...