What do you do the same way everytime?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2010, 6:57 am

What are the most things you like doing over and over the same way every time,

do you play the same song over and over agian?

tae care

Lucky_0321
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2010, 7:03 am

Wow, pretty much everything.

Wake up and have to fold my clothes the same way. Hangers must face the same direction. Have to lay out my sleeping bag in the same way afterwards (living in a hot sandy part of the world right now.) When I get back from work, lay out my gear in the same order and manner. Now that I think of it, I could go on and on. Never really thought of that before. What's weird is that if I miss a step, it's not like I "have" to go back and do it, like OCD, but it kinda makes my day feel just a little off for the rest of the day. Like how I make sure my fridge is full of water bottles before I leave. If one is missing it kinda bugs me. Anyway, like I said, I could go on and on about my routines. Anyone else?

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 7:23 am

I always have to check over again to see if I did something right or if I did it at all. Example = did I close the refridgerator door?

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 7:51 am

When I am working, I go eat a ham sadwich at 11 AM.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jul 2010, 7:55 am

What springs to mind is that for years I walked home exactly the same way - I noticed it then and thought it was odd. I jaywalked at exactly the same spot every time, crossed at exactly the same spot on the corners.

Playing the same song a thousand times, yes! Mack the Knife, Beyond the Sea, Quarter to Three. And for classical, Che gelida manina (La Boheme) and Sibelius violin concerto.

I make spaghetti exactly the same way, reaching for this and that in exactly the same pattern.

Brija
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2010, 8:09 am

Drive the same routes.
Eat the same food for breakfast or lunch (can't do dinner because I am married with kids and they would complain LOL --although hubby says I cook way too many chicken dishes)
Same routine when I get up in the mornings. One routine for my days off. One for my days I have to work.
Opening and closing at work.

The OCD in me would probably be worse if I was on my own. I've had to just force myself to accept that I can't have all the routines I would like because of the kids. I don't feel the need to go redo things. My day won't be ruined but I'll be irritated if it isn't done "right". Routines help me to remember to do things. If I am working with someone else and we are both doing close at work I get messed up and forget what I'm doing and confused as to what comes next even though I've worked there and done those things for 3 years. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 8:14 am

I like to wear my hair, the same way, all the time. I don't need to post a picture, because I'm sure that you all get the idea, by now.

xx_sheena_xx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jul 2010, 8:44 am

Everything!! !

feed my pets in the same order ever single day
have the same thing for breakfast everyday
get dressed in the same order
go on particular websites each morning
make my bed in a certain order
ect...

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 10:00 am

Most things!

#1 is food. Breakfast is always chocolate soymilk, bread with almond butter, a kiwi and an apple. All the same brands from the same stores. Lunch is a Clif Bar. Dinner is whatever I've made that week (I change that up once a week). Frankly I'm bored with myself! But changing would bring too much anxiety.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 10:03 am

Claradoon wrote:
What springs to mind is that for years I walked home exactly the same way - I noticed it then and thought it was odd. I jaywalked at exactly the same spot every time, crossed at exactly the same spot on the corners.

Me too! Once I tried to be daring and go a different way and I got completely lost! It took me an extra half hour to get home.

cthulukitty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

I write electronic music on a program called Buzz, and it has occurred to me multiple times that I could create some basic templates to save myself time. For example, I could set something up with the mixer, some drum plugins, and some of the other things I tend to use frequently all set and ready to go. I could even prewrite some simple patterns (such as a 4/4 kick or a drum-and-bass pattern) so that I could just drop them into the sequence and then tweak them as necessary. However, I have never done this, and I keep reinventing the wheel every single time I start a new song.

Part of my process also involves listening to the whole song, or just a section of it, over and over and over again while making subtle changes. Sometimes I will literally work on a 10 second loop for hours at a time.

I am often similarly repetitive in my selection of other peoples' music, listening to the same song or album over and over again over the course of days or weeks.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jul 2010, 10:37 am

Too many things to remember.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jul 2010, 10:50 am

For me, just about everything I do daily, I do the same way in the same order. I eat the exact same breakfast daily, and follow the same routine in the same order.

Charles

Mutt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2010, 11:35 am

Walk from school to home the exact same way, following the same route, turn on my computer, and open 2 windows with 4 tabs on each to the exact same webpages as always, go downstairs for a drink at 5:30 p.m., finish my drink between 5:30 and 6, dress up the exact same way, lay out my iPod, glasses, watch and kindle the exact same way before sleeping, reading and listening to music before sleeping, set my plate and silverware the exact same way, wake up at the exact same way each day, bathe at certain hour when it's weekend, and at another hour when it's schoolday, have my cushion the same way, if not I'll feel uncomfortable sitting down on it,and many more things. Curious thing is that for some of them I don't follow the exact same order, however, the result needs to be the same, (i.e., arranging things before sleeping, I don't follow the same order, however, the watch and glasses need to be on top of the kindle in parallel lines, while my iPod has to be on the side of the kindle, if not I can't sleep), if not, I'll feel strange throughout the whole day. However, there're things that need to follow the exact same order, if I miss a step, I'll start over again (i.e. when dressing. I need to put on my pants first, then my shirt, then socks, etc., if I miss something, I'll start all over again.) And music, I'll repeat one same song over and over again, I'll listen to one same song when I dress, and to a different one for when I read before sleeping.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

I set my alarm clock to 6:45 A.M. even though I wake up around Seven. :?:
I also eat lunch at 11... I could go on, but I can't remember everything.

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 11:55 am

Pretty much any day to day things. Putting clothes on, showering, drying off, driving places, etc.