Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Does your family have both Raynauds Syndrome and Autism in it?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 17 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 30

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 7:51 am

Since I've been here I've seen every ailment, illness and disease known to man, physically and mentally, be an addition to autism. Makes me wonder how we manage to live beyond the age of 5.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 8:20 am

Probably the results are skewed b/c many non-Raynaud's folks aren't opening the post. I do have cold hands and feet, but no significant paleness or attacks, so I answered "no". I seem to have a lot of mild conditions. 23andMe found a genetic marker for my mom that she metabolizes differently impacting medication --- I wonder that I have that or more since many medications give me bad side effects at 1/4 dosage.

Stod83
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2023, 7:06 am

I would suggest caution about the results of the poll - it's likely that the people who clicked on the topic already had an interest in Raynaud's, so it's could be that it doesn't represent all autistic people, but mostly represents autistic people with an interest in Raynauds. If that make sense!
I've worked for 20 years with autistic people - probably 90 different people, and I only know of 1 that had a diagnosis of Raynaud's, so I don't think it's anywhere near as common as 50/50.
There is also some research that suggests meds given to those with ADHD can cause Raynaud's, if that's of interest.
EDIT: I've just noticed SharronB has made the same point - and more clearly too!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 7:51 am

I used to meet the criteria for Raynaud's but never got diagnosed with it. I had it as a teenager and in my early twenties, but then it disappeared and hasn't affected me since.