Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:17 am

luvsterriers wrote:
It is different per state. But in Virginia, high school is 4 years and usually the students start at age 14. They finish when they are either 17 or 18. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year students)

Students start college when they are 18 usually.

Ahh, now here you start college at 16, and usually finish at 18, then can choose to go to university. Technically, you can leave education at 16, but obviously you won't get the extra qualifications if you do that.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

Asp-Z wrote:
luvsterriers wrote:
WOW. I do remember while back Paris France getting hit hard by a heat wave. What about in London?

The heatwave covered Europe in general, so we were effected too. It was horrible as I was still in school at the time, I had to get as close to a fan as possible and drink ice water while waiting to drown in my own sweat. Blargh.

Indeed, and I remembered when that happened, I thought I was going to die and I was getting easily dehydrated aswell and it wasn't helping that my school didn't have air conditioning either, I even remember one kid actually fainting, poor guy.

Good thing we didn't have double glazing windows, you wouldn't want to imagine what would happen to us?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

oh so is college after high school graduation in the UK? The it's university? How long is university in the UK? 4 years? University as in getting your bachelors (4 year undergrad degree)?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

Sure it may be too hot for me to bear, but I'd rather have it like that, for a few weeks, so I can wear my shorts and my T-shirts. After that, the weather can do whatever it wants.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
oh so is college after high school graduation in the UK? The it's university? How long is university in the UK? 4 years? University as in getting your bachelors (4 year undergrad degree)?

Yes. The time you spend at university depends on the courses you choose and how many you do, but I think it's about 2 years usually.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

so college is after high school graduation, and usually students are 16? so high school then is much shorter in the UK? college in the UK is like a community college (2 years?) then university is to get your bachelors, masters, or PHD?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 3:29 am

luvsterriers wrote:
so college is after high school graduation, and usually students are 16? so high school then is much shorter in the UK? college in the UK is like a community college (2 years?) then university is to get your bachelors, masters, or PHD?

Yes. High school isn't shorter, though, I've went there for 5 years. College and university are usually 2 years depending on the courses you choose and which colleges or universities you choose to go to. Yes, you get your degree at university.