Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Leiservampir
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

This week's not been to bad here, but last week it was AWEFUL.
In Sweden the heat was up to 37celcius. IN THE MORNING.
I swear, I was dying. and the stupid thing is, it gets so hot here in the summer, but in the winter it gets to -12celcius!

EDIT: 37c ~ 100f
Make your mind up Sweden :(

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

The heat is very intense here, too. All my grass is completely dead, as are a many of my garden plants. My hydrangeas would be too, if I didn't water them everyday. Still though, they've been burnt by the heat. And they are in shade. Check it out:

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Where in VA are you?

BTW I like your bunny avatar. We used to have this rabbit that would be around our yard past few springs, but haven't seen a rabbit in our yard in 3 years.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

BRING!

IT!

ON!! !

I love this heat. Summer has finally arrived.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

marshall wrote:
Any one else suffering in the DC/Baltimore/Philly/NYC area heat wave? Today I felt sick just from walking outside. It was 100 degrees and the air was disgusting. The high is supposed to *only* be in the middle 90s tomorrow but it probably won't feel any cooler because the humidity will be higher. Why do people live in this godforsaken place? I can't wait to get back to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

I'm up in the northeast, we didn't get it as prolongued and badly as your area. However, it was 101F on Tuesday with a heat index near 110F. It was nasty... inside my house was like an oven (I don't have air conditioning). Been in the mid 90s all week. Today was beautiful though in comparison, only about 87-88F and much nicer. Five days of 90s - 100s was bad enough, though.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm

Dilbert wrote:
BRING!

IT!

ON!! !

I love this heat. Summer has finally arrived.

No kidding until about a week ago it wasn't even getting over 60 and it rained almost the entire month of June.

I'm happy to see the sun come out.

The girls are showing more skin.

That makes me happy.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:17 pm

Yay. It *only* got up to 92 today and it's supposed to drop into the 70s tonight. Last night was really yucky as it stayed in the 80s all night long.

Looks like there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms for Friday night and 60% for Saturday. Please let it rain! Every cold front in the past 3 weeks has gone through without a drop of rain. This one better not. I'm gonna be so pissed if we miss out on all the thunderstorms YET AGAIN!

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

Most of the time it is hot, but not that hot, a tho one day a few weeks ago it 96 outside.