Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jul 2010, 6:44 am

Ok I'm going to make this perfecly clear this, is a site were we discuss the classic series Doctor Who ONLY!! !! !

You can still be a fan of all the new stuff (even though I'm not and never will be) but if you are sick of all the fans raveing on about the new stuff 'just cos it's on now TV and Dr Who' and want to just go back and look at the old stuff, then this is your lucky day!! !!

As we are going to go and discuss the old shows.

You see I've never liked the new stuff that has gone out from 2005 onwards, I won't go into all of the reasons, but thanks to it becoming more tied into (persent day, as the historicals were really to do with the past...) real life (i.e. not just in metfores,or the odd reference every now and then) I felt more and more unconfitable watching the show, thus after a while thanks to it's moving from very clear cut goodies and baddies (most of the time anyway) like it was back in the old day's (as was on most TV shows) to a more hunest and darker view of Time/Space Travel I eventaly stopped watching, as I feel that as I don't have to watch something that I don't like I don't have to watch it!! !! !!

You can say all you like about how good the new shows are, but in my eyes every post 1996 Doctor Who tale in non canon!! ! (Cos it's my brain and I can thin what I like) So I'd rather not talk about it ok?

AS THEY DO NOT MEET MY HIGH STANDERDS FOR DOCTOR WHO!! !! !! !

Ok rant over now...

Anyway what I'm trying to put across is that as they are so many debates devoted to the new stuff (and the show as a whole) why not have a debate (and thus hopefuly set up a small club) to see how many of you gays and gals prefer the old stuff over the new stuff?

Or even better to see if anyone (other than myself) is as into hateing the new/loveing the old a I am!! !

Now it's over to you, and tommrow we can start our first dabate (if you like..)

Goodbye Till Next Time

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jul 2010, 6:56 am

Sorry I did not (on the first line) "site" as in website, so plaese don't go round thinking I'm some sort of wonnabe tyrant!

What I really meant was when I said "site" was that as I'm starting a Forum it becomes like a small "site within a site" if you know what I mean...

Such is how figures of speech are made.

Sorry if I made an of you confuesed.

Goodbye till next time

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2010, 7:39 am

You talk too much.

Clearly the best doctor was Tom Baker.

/doh

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2010, 9:24 am

I liked Baker and Davison.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 6:11 pm

Out of the classic Doctors, I never had a clear favourite until recently, until the new series came around. Now I prefer the Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) first, the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker, natch) second, the Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) third, and the Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) fourth.

Favourite stories? Well, despite the racist undertones, The Talons of Weng-Chiang has been perhaps the greatest of my favourites, but many of the Hinchcliffe/Holmes produced stories of that era, like Genesis of the Daleks, Planet of Evil, Pyramids of Mars, The Brain of Morbius, and The Deadly Assassin were excellent. But there are others, like The Web Planet, Tomb of the Cybermen, Doctor Who and the Silurians, Inferno, The Daemons, City of Death, Warrior's Gate, Logopolis, The Visitation, Earthshock, The Five Doctors, The Caves of Androzani, Vengeance on Varos, The Two Doctors, Revelation of the Daleks, Terror of the Vervoids, The Ultimate Foe, Paradise Towers, Dragonfire, and virtually every story from the last two seasons of classic Doctor Who, barring Silver Nemesis and Battlefield.

I also wish The Celestial Toymaker, The Tenth Planet, Power of the Daleks, Evil of the Daleks, The Ice Warriors, Enemy of the World, and Fury from the Deep still existed fully intact.

On sabbatical...

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 3:50 pm

Tom Baker *rules*

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

Tom Baker was the first doctor I was exposed to-then Jon Pertwee his predecessor was pretty good-he could make all sorts of goofy faces and Peter Davison was a different but classy doctor-the classic line from Jon Pertwee in the "5 Doctors" is when Sarah Jane said-"but I saw you change" and he responds "oh you mean old teeth and curls" in reference to Tom Baker-one of the creepiest Tom Baker series was the "The Ark in Space" it was an alien style story a few years before the "Alien" movie came out-and the Peter Davison story "Earthshock" was well done and at the end Adric gets killed-pretty sad at the time when a companion got killed off.