Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 8:42 pm

Kiseki wrote:
Delirium wrote:
Eccentricity =! Asperger's.

Jesus Christ, I am so sick of repeating this over and over again. You've never met the guy, you don't have the training to diagnose him. Stop armchair-diagnosing celebrities with Asperger's just because they're weird.

I don't think there is anything bad in speculating. People wanna know there are others out there like themselves and, if those others are famous and doing something successful, it makes us feel good.

I admit it is something I do, try to figure out of certain celebs are gay or have AS. It's interesting and it doesn't hurt anyone.

I understand the intent behind it, but it seems like people here will diagnose anybody who's even vaguely weird with Asperger's.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 10:35 pm

I was not diagnosing. I was just speculating on something I had read here before.

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2010, 2:43 am

anbuend wrote:
He has a half-brother who was diagnosed with schizophrenia (back in the fifties, so who knows what he really had).

He wrote this song for his brother (allegedly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2y9inP4CqE

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2010, 11:32 am

FTM wrote:
anbuend wrote:
He has a half-brother who was diagnosed with schizophrenia (back in the fifties, so who knows what he really had).

He wrote this song for his brother (allegedly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2y9inP4CqE

He actually wrote the song "Jump They Say" about his half brother - Jump They Say

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 3:08 pm

No. I really don't see it with Bowie, he's just different. I don't know the guy so I can't say either way but I don't see him projecting much Aspieness.

I will, however, happily like to extend an armchair diagnosis to Fiona Apple.

*dons flamesuit*.

I used to listen to her music day and night and her lyrics were talking about the the thing that I had always called, "it", which I now call AS. I've never related to any music more than I related to her's. She is also extremely lacking in social skills(MTV Video Music Awards, anyone? Or perhaps just any interview that she EVER gave ring a bell?) and moves around like she's almost stimming in most of her videos. She was called a sociopath by one of her high school teachers but is obviously a very emotional person, is intelligent and VERY talented(she is self-taught afaik), and can't seem to regulate her facial expressions for the life of her. She Also avoids eye contact, and doesn't seem to be REALLY locking gaze with anyone when she forces it.

LOL...anyway, I've obviously never met her either so of course I don't know that any of this is true, but she is definitely one that I wouldn't be at ALL shocked to find out about. If you listen closely to here lyrics I bet you would start to wonder, also.

I didn't even try to find a very strange interview of her's, this is the first one that came up and it's pretty recent. Check out how uncomfortable and all, over, the, place, she. is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbShhFqxqE4

MTV VMAs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guzF1hIa ... re=related

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:00 am

MotownDangerPants wrote:
No. I really don't see it with Bowie, he's just different. I don't know the guy so I can't say either way but I don't see him projecting much Aspieness.

*dons flamesuit*.

I used to listen to her music day and night and her lyrics were talking about the the thing that I had always called, "it", which I now call AS. I've never related to any music more than I related to her's. She is also extremely lacking in social skills(MTV Video Music Awards, anyone? Or perhaps just any interview that she EVER gave ring a bell?) and moves around like she's almost stimming in most of her videos. She was called a sociopath by one of her high school teachers but is obviously a very emotional person, is intelligent and VERY talented(she is self-taught afaik), and can't seem to regulate her facial expressions for the life of her. She Also avoids eye contact, and doesn't seem to be REALLY locking gaze with anyone when she forces it.

LOL...anyway, I've obviously never met her either so of course I don't know that any of this is true, but she is definitely one that I wouldn't be at ALL shocked to find out about. If you listen closely to here lyrics I bet you would start to wonder, also.

I didn't even try to find a very strange interview of her's, this is the first one that came up and it's pretty recent. Check out how uncomfortable and all, over, the, place, she. is.

IDK, I think she's just really shy. I like Fiona too!

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

Delirium wrote:
MotownDangerPants wrote:

*dons flamesuit*.

IDK, I think she's just really shy. I like Fiona too!

lol...you have to watch some more of her interviews, especially the older ones. Very unusual prosody as well. She says things about not being human and stmis A LOT during most of her live performances.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

.....and I am Napoleon Bonapartes

...and I must be certainly an aspie since I am so obsessed with canons.

TIREZ ,FEU!! ! FEU!

Boooom! BOoom! Boooom!

Bingo! La mort pour les autriches!! ! Ces espèces de salauds!

Is there any celeb left who wasn't diagnosed as aspie here?

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
.....and I am Napoleon Bonapartes

...and I must be certainly an aspie since I am so obsessed with canons.

TIREZ ,FEU!! ! FEU!

Boooom! BOoom! Boooom!

Bingo! La mort pour les autriches!! ! Ces espèces de salauds!

Is there any celeb left who wasn't diagnosed as aspie here?

I once read an absolutely terrible article that diagnosed Napoleon with Asperger's (along with a bunch of other celebrities). Sadly, that wasn't even the most preposterous part of the article. D: You can read the fail here (scroll down a bit).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

tinky wrote:
Bowie was happy with the end results because it attracted attention and later added to his cool, rock appearance.

I wonder, though, if it sucks to not be able to un-dialate his iris in bright light.

Or whatever the opposite of dialate is...

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

Delirium wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
Delirium wrote:
Eccentricity =! Asperger's.

Jesus Christ, I am so sick of repeating this over and over again. You've never met the guy, you don't have the training to diagnose him. Stop armchair-diagnosing celebrities with Asperger's just because they're weird.

I don't think there is anything bad in speculating. People wanna know there are others out there like themselves and, if those others are famous and doing something successful, it makes us feel good.

I admit it is something I do, try to figure out of certain celebs are gay or have AS. It's interesting and it doesn't hurt anyone.

I understand the intent behind it, but it seems like people here will diagnose anybody who's even vaguely weird with Asperger's.

I think Alf has AS.