Where do people find their bf/gf/friends?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 8:53 am

Because I don't know where to find and how to. How people know how to find someone and why to choose THIS strange person and not THAT?
Some people are always in relationship - how they do it? I have problems with finding anyone to talk.

I could tell you I spend too much time with my comp... but I hadn't a comp for one year and nothing changed. I heard just turn off your comp, but it doesn't work.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 9:01 am

Maybe you just have to sell bras....

women love shopping....

and men love looking!

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 9:03 am

Well I met my GF online, but the rest of my friends in real life.

flybirdfly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

Well from what I read in a psychology journal, most people meet their bf/gf through friends/personal connections (not just randomly in a public place). This is mainly because it is easier to trust and relate to people that are friends of people you know. This is what is frustrating for many with AS since we often don't have a large network of friends and networks to use in the first place.

My advice is to just plain and simply get yourself out there and try to find social outings that interest you as much as possible. Online dating can be helpful, but meeting new people and getting out of the house as much as you can is by far the most effective way to increase your odds.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 10:34 am

I found my strange person in a study skills class at school.. meaning there was a fair chance that everyone in the room had probable cause for a diagnosis for ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, or other learning disorders or anything else that might make one disorganized. ...He's a keeper :) I liked him because he was persistently polite to this jerk teacher who kept isolating him and handing out all of this stupid sports-maniac/drill sergeant verbal abuse. (I later found out he was a friend of a friend, which made it possible to try.. :) )

grandtheftrondo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jul 2010, 11:14 am

In videos games. Laura Croft, Aeris Gainsborough, all those chicks from dead or alive, Motherbrain from Metriod (a space cadet wetdream). I get my fair share of women. All I need is a controller and a joystick :lol:

In real life I met my exes through various source: Online, a friend of a friend, at an outing. I still prefer looking for them in video games. WOW anyone?

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

10 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

I met my boyfriend online, on a free dating site called Plenty of Fish. However, it was just a coincidence that we both have AS, since the dating site was actually meant for NTs, as most dating sites are. Also, most dating sites are expensive. I've been on other dating sites, and it seems like all they care about is the money, not whether or not you find your soulmate. You also need to be careful, when you meet someone online. You never know who's out there. Fortunately, I was able to find a nice guy online. :D
One other thing: Like I said, most dating sites are geared toward NTs. I've been out with more than my share of NT guys, and they weren't very understanding. I didn't tell them I have AS, but I do think it's better to date someone with AS than someone who does not. However, that was just my experience. You might be lucky enough to find someone who doesn't have AS that will understand you.
Good luck! :D

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:01 pm

By and large the majority of marrieds met through their jobs or their church.

IME meeting through friends, as in a setup or 'I think you'd really like_____' is usually a disaster. Meeting through friends inadvertently, because you both just happened to drop by at the same time, that can work sometimes because its spontaneous and not contrived.

But at the end of the day, its a numbers game. You wanna find Mr/Ms Right - go somewhere where you're going to be forced to talk to a lot of people, one at a time. The fewer contacts you make, the less likely you're going to encounter someone with a neurochemistry that clicks with yours.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

I keep mine in the cellar.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 1:06 pm

I met my bf while volunteering in the aboriginal community during summer holiday.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2010, 1:11 pm

I heard in some dating site commercial(think it was eHarmony but it mite of been something else) that the majority of romantic relationships are started online nowadays so if that is true; we are already taking the 1st step by being online here :wink:
I only have a couple friends offline & they are people I used to work with. I think a lot of people meet romantic partners or friends from things like school, work, organizations or true other people like a friend's sibling or your cousin's roommate. I'm sticking to the net for now cuz I have no job, I'm not in school & I'm not involved in organizations offline(there's not many around here) so I don't have many other options to meet anyone. I do NOT recommend trying to date people you meet at work unless you are getting ready to switch departments or jobs soon because I made the mistake of asking out a few different women I knew from work & they got a really negative attitude with me & started making my job extremely difficult till they left. You should NOT ask anyone out or anything unless you are in a position where you can easily cut the person out of your life & avoid em because if things go wrong; things can get extremely difficult to deal with

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

nick007 wrote:
I heard in some dating site commercial(think it was eHarmony but it mite of been something else) that the majority of romantic relationships are started online nowadays so if that is true; we are already taking the 1st step by being online here :wink:

A smart lie for good marketing...

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm

I met my friends through either high school, college, or work. Except for my girlfriend I met her on myspace, she randomly added me lol

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 2:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Maybe you just have to sell bras....

women love shopping....

and men love looking!

When I worked in a big clothes shop, the only time I had to work on the ladies changing rooms, this good looking woman was trying on revealing clothing and asking my opinion :lol: Too bad I wasn't interested.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Moog wrote:
I keep mine in the cellar.

:lol: Freezer for me.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
I met my friends through either high school, college, or work. Except for my girlfriend I met her on myspace, she randomly added me lol

Do you know how many times I have tried that?! :x