Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

jumanji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2010, 4:58 pm

I made an observation recently when I ran into a friend of mine. I was using a sticker gun for a project and had just sat it down. He stopped to talk and during our conversation he picked up the sticker gun and started looking at it. He used the device to put a sticker on my shirt. Then we both laughed a little about it and continued to talk.

Even thought it probably seemed like a small/normal thing for him (and in some ways its not that uncommon for me), it was the catalyst for an ephiphany of mine.

It was at that moment as I looked at the blank, yet happy experession on his face as he was playing with the sticker gun and talking to me, and having fun all at the same time that I noticed that his gisting had the ability to make me happy.

This is one of those subtle things that I am lacking in (most of the time) as far as social skills. I am usually not that guy who plays around with nearby objects and uses them as a way to have fun with the people around me. But...I would like to be because I like being around people that do.

Any similar experiences, thoughts, comments, concerns?