Small disruption in routine,but still...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:18 am

When I wake up I like to have a cup of coffee and complete silence while I browse WP and a few other sites. Usually, my son doesn't wake up but when he does he wants to turn the TV on and interrupt me every 15 seconds to tell me something inane. For instance, just now he interrupted me to tell me he farted.The high pitched noises of kiddie TV really grate on my nerves and I can't concentrate on what I'm reading. At other times it doesn't bother me, it's just that my plan was disrupted. I ask him to turn the TV down and he does but I can still hear it. Once my cup of coffee length of silence is done I am good to go. I'm not going to throw a fit but I have to force myself to reorient. Anybody else undone by such a small thing? :x

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:25 am

Oh, absolutely! When I still lived with my parents, my mom used to clean our apartment every Saturday afternoon. One Saturday she decided to clean it in the evening, and it totally freaked me out. I'm not sure how to explain the feeling - it's like it was something that was just not supposed to happen. Seeing her clean and move furniture around in the evening was infuriating.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:29 am

Aimless - change your situation. Make your son wear headphones during certain times, or something. There are always solutions to be found if you use your imagination.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 7:17 am

monsterland wrote:
Aimless - change your situation. Make your son wear headphones during certain times, or something. There are always solutions to be found if you use your imagination.

There is no headphone option for the TV but I could ask him to use the smaller TV in my bedroom. :)
But there will always be something,that's life, I was just asking if anyone else was thrown off course by a small thing. Also I do not lose my temper.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 7:30 am

I like to wake up first thing and check out some websites, but sometimes grandma wakes up too early and asked for coffee when I'm in the middle of something :x

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Brija
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2010, 8:57 am

Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't DARE make loud noises. Don't fight with your brother. DON'T BREATHE! ...until I've had my coffee and some quiet time to wake up please and thank you.... Otherwise my whole day is shot to hell because I'm instantly in a bad mood. :wink:
I think I'd have to agree that I'm just like you.

MarijnR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2010, 9:28 am

I get annoyed all the time by stupid things, I know these thing are stupid so I don't lose my temper but I get awefully close from time to time.
Living with my parents I have to adapt to their routines a lot, the problem is that their routines aren't so much routines as they are random happenings, dinner time is all over the place for example. Randomly walking into my room without a good reason is a surefire way to tick me off too. I am saving up to move out, but getting a mortgage in this economic climate and my medical background will be hell :(