Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 2:40 pm

Here are a couple of mine:

[img][800:679]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Kate_0825/Kate/DSC_0551-1.jpg[/img]

[img][800:680]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Kate_0825/Kate/012910008.jpg[/img]

[img][800:680]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Kate_0825/Kate/012910136.jpg[/img]

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2010, 11:49 pm

Great work everyone! There is some real talent here!
I need to head for bed but I wanted to post at least one here. I took this in an abandoned paper mill a few hours away from my house: Image

Check out my website if you want: http://www.greatscoopphoto.com/

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2010, 10:15 am

zen_mistress wrote:
Decoder, you should get a flickr account and display your pics there.

OK, I take my photos and leave :cry:

=) I think I created a Flickr account some time ago, but Im not sure if its the right place. Most of the photos there look like touristic trip photos, but mine are not. Do you think deviantart.com can be better place?

Asp-Z wrote:
Good work!

Thanks man.

Meow101 wrote:
I love your photos! I'm also an amateur photographer and I'll try to post some of mine at some point too. I've been too depressed to do too much lately but I'm trying to get out of that so maybe I'll post some.

~Kate

Thanks Kate. Going for a photo trip really needs some motivation. But its really rewarding. And fun too, especially after checking what you got and seeing some potential.

OneStepBeyond wrote:
decoder wrote:

explain this one please?

I suppose you know that sign. It was marked on a wall. I shot it in very slow shutter speed (you can check it in the EXIF of the JPEG) and I quickly rotated the zooming ring when I pressed the trigger. I added some contrast and color during the postprocessing. The motion-blur effect gave the photo some action and temper, which I think fits the subject of it.

Tomasu wrote:
^^Wooooooooowwwwwww, thank you very much for posting your happy photographs decoder. I believe they are all very beautiful.

Thanks Tomasu. Yes, some of them can be considered as beautiful :)

NeoPlatonist wrote:
Great work everyone! There is some real talent here!
I need to head for bed but I wanted to post at least one here. I took this in an abandoned paper mill a few hours away from my house: Image

Check out my website if you want: http://www.greatscoopphoto.com/

Thanks Michael. At first that photo didnt mean anything to me, but I will check your other photos too.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 5:24 pm

decoder wrote:
I suppose you know that sign. It was marked on a wall. I shot it in very slow shutter speed (you can check it in the EXIF of the JPEG) and I quickly rotated the zooming ring when I pressed the trigger. I added some contrast and color during the postprocessing. The motion-blur effect gave the photo some action and temper, which I think fits the subject of it.

thanks. i like it.

i need an slr

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 5:47 am

These are amazing. Are those people from where you live? these are very good. You could easily become a professional photographer.

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2010, 3:27 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
These are amazing. Are those people from where you live? these are very good. You could easily become a professional photographer.

Wow thanks :) Feels very good to hear it :) Yes, those people are from the same cities that I live in: Ankara and Bursa. I post some more:

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2010, 3:31 pm

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2010, 3:32 pm

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 3:41 pm

decoder wrote:

i dont really 'get' the lack of focus in these two and find it kind of visually frustrating...

decoder wrote:

...but i love this one. you have a good eye for finding interesting shapes/patterns in everyday life:)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 8:27 pm

decoder wrote:

I like this one.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

I generally take more scenery photos than artsy photos. Here are some of mine in a similar vein though... sort of...

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

decoder wrote:
[img][800:607]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll146/ReaIly/IMG_6095-1.jpg[/img]

This one is very cool too.

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
decoder wrote:

i dont really 'get' the lack of focus in these two and find it kind of visually frustrating...

In the first message of this topic, I had written ".... I like to evoke some impression on the viewer. Be it surprise, curiosity, peace or confusion....". So its normal that you feel like that :)

OneStepBeyond wrote:

...but i love this one. you have a good eye for finding interesting shapes/patterns in everyday life:)

Thanks. And I like sharing them too!

marshall wrote:
I generally take more scenery photos than artsy photos. Here are some of mine in a similar vein though... sort of...

Nature has an innate beauty :) The composition of the last 3 really hurts my eye though, I dont like seeing incomplete objects in a photo unless they are cut off deliberately.

marshall wrote:
decoder wrote:
[img][800:607]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll146/ReaIly/IMG_6095-1.jpg[/img]

This one is very cool too.

Thank you. However it was distorted by the forum script to make it 800p. Here is one with the original aspect ratio, the more physically possible version :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 2:40 pm

decoder wrote:
Nature has an innate beauty :) The composition of the last 3 really hurts my eye though, I dont like seeing incomplete objects in a photo unless they are cut off deliberately.

Only the first is non-deliberate. I'd have preferred the horizon going all the way to the left edge of the frame but cropping off the left would ruin the ideal aspect ratio and positioning of the light beam IMO. It was a tough shot. The clouds were moving quickly as they often do in stormy weather, so there's only a split second where I had the ideal amount of light coming through that small hole in the overcast.

The other two are more about captivating details than overall composition in my mind. Here's larger versions that do them more justice.

marshall wrote:
Thank you. However it was distorted by the forum script to make it 800p. Here is one with the original aspect ratio, the more physically possible version :)

I didn't even notice that the aspect ratio was off. I just liked the way the wall and doorway looked and the way the camera is just "staring past" the person walking by.

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2010, 4:42 pm

marshall wrote:
decoder wrote:

Only the first is non-deliberate. I'd have preferred the horizon going all the way to the left edge of the frame but cropping off the left would ruin the ideal aspect ratio and positioning of the light beam IMO. It was a tough shot. The clouds were moving quickly as they often do in stormy weather, so there's only a split second where I had the ideal amount of light coming through that small hole in the overcast.

The other two are more about captivating details than overall composition in my mind. Here's larger versions that do them more justice.

marshall wrote:

I didn't even notice that the aspect ratio was off. I just liked the way the wall and doorway looked and the way the camera is just "staring past" the person walking by.

You are right. Actually I was gonna say it for only the 2nd one donno why I wrote like that. Those two are just "excerpts" from nature. And resolution and sharpness are important for those kind of photos. You deliver us the "already aestethic" part of the nature. Thats a different kind of photography and I respect that.. In fact sometimes I do that too. Sometimes the nature is just irresistable :) Some examples:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 6:11 pm

Here's some "postcard style" scenery photos. It's what I'm best at. I like hiking and going cool places to get the perfect photos.