Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 7:52 am

I usually just have tap water, run through a filter in the fridge.

Bottle water is overpriced for what it is.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jul 2010, 9:11 am

Bottled or filtered water for me. I usually open a 1.5 liter bottle in the morning, and keep refilling it with filtered water though the day. The tap water smells like fish, and in is brown here in Ventura County, CA. They say it's because they're not allowed to use chemicals anymore to clean it.

Charles

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 8:08 am

I drink usually Deer Park bottled water. I drink tap water at my aunt's and uncle's house since it is well water.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 8:09 am

I like Propel flavored water.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 8:18 am

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
bottle water vs tap water, the different is cost.
:lol:
That's excatly what my classmates in Highschool told everyone, who drank bottled water!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:26 pm

I'm one of the few people I know who can't stand the taste of bottled water. They add baking soda and other minerals "for taste" :x

I've had a few that were okay, but I'm completely fine with tap water.

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2010, 2:58 pm

MONIQUEIJ wrote:

That is a common misconception. Some types of "bottled" water aren't much different than tap water, but if you read the label other types of bottled water have in fact gone through reverse osmosis, which is an extremely thorough filtration system that makes the water 99% pure. The only way to get purer water than that is to buy distilled water, which is 100% pure. Both are also sold in gallon jugs, but I believe only reverse osmosis is sold in the smaller bottles that many people carry around.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2010, 3:12 pm

Variant wrote:
MONIQUEIJ wrote:

That is a common misconception. Some types of "bottled" water aren't much different than tap water, but if you read the label other types of bottled water have in fact gone through reverse osmosis, which is an extremely thorough filtration system that makes the water 99% pure. The only way to get purer water than that is to buy distilled water, which is 100% pure. Both are also sold in gallon jugs, but I believe only reverse osmosis is sold in the smaller bottles that many people carry around.

Qft. I would have thought distilled it more common in smaller bottles tbh as reverse osmosis is a technique used by many home water filters?

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

I don't like bottled water. It takes...kind of heavy. However, the water from each tap in the house tastes differently, therefore, I only drink the water from the refrigerator.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:44 pm

I like the flavoured bottled water, the best.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

I am surprised no one has mentioned this documentary on water called For Love of Water
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1149583/

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2010, 12:59 pm

The only thing bottled water is good for is those pouches of drink mixes they sell nowadays. Tap water costs next to nothing on the gallon, so when I'm not craving cherry flavored water it's the tap for me.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

There is always a difference between the two. Often times, that doesn't mean bottled is better, though.

I just use tap and filter it. The filters are cheaper then bottled and the tap water is pretty safe around here.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:21 pm

Well..the sink I use has a separate spout for purified water. I prefer that. It's my vivid imagination that prevents me from drinking unfiltered water :lol: