Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

hypocritex
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

I'm not sure I know how to explain what I am feeling. Most of my life I've felt a lot of nothing. Getting diagnosed, while making plenty of sense, has give me a peculiar sense of panic. I have a strong desire for friendship and bonding with others. It's always been strong. Yet I shy away from the world. And now I am here. . . I'm not sure what to feel about this.

I've always done things my way.. I've always been more passionate then others.
Some of these qualities, I thought made me special. Special in the way that I am unique and maybe just misunderstood. I find solace in knowing there are others, however I feel a bit overwhelmed in knowing that I am, in fact, not unique.

I function very well one on one with others, with some social blunders. But, groups are just a tragedy. I hope that a public forum via the internet will be a good way to communicate with others and maybe meet people whom feel like I do.

Am I alone in these feelings?

JayL
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2010, 11:39 pm

No, however ive grown using the internet thus I know how to filter out the carbage.

I'm going to get diagnosed, however what im afraid is that the person diagnosing me isnt sufficient enough for the job.

I believe I have mild asperger. I can do many things just like the normal people, I just find it frustrating to do things like the others do.
I always have to learn everything by the hard way.

After youve gotten over the "shock" I advice you to start thinking what benefits does this give you.

hypocritex
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jul 2010, 11:46 pm

JayL wrote:
No, however ive grown using the internet thus I know how to filter out the carbage.

I'm going to get diagnosed, however what im afraid is that the person diagnosing me isnt sufficient enough for the job.

I believe I have mild asperger. I can do many things just like the normal people, I just find it frustrating to do things like the others do.
I always have to learn everything by the hard way.

After youve gotten over the "shock" I advice you to start thinking what benefits does this give you.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say benefits.

I do not know if there is such a thing as Mild Aspergers. If so, then maybe you have it. Maybe I do. All I know is I was diagnosed with it.

Like you, I am able to do many things well. Groups I do not do very well. I do not do well being told what to do. I feel a need to do things my way. (Hard for me to hold a job) :(

It's been a struggle most of my life with depression over my lack of social status and inability to stay employed. I am a very good worker though. Never tardy or absent. Mostly have problems with misunderstanding and wanting to do things the correct way.

JayL

11 Jul 2010, 11:53 pm

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I myself have only worked for 2 weeks for someone as far as I can remember and that was some work period set by school.
Besides that Ive been helping out my dad and mom and doing my own things.

About lots of people.. If im taken into a situation and I dont know whats happening, im completely out of it. I NEED to find out whats going on so I dont start, well, not really panicking, but getting so dazzled, hazzled up.

I cant be told what to do, simple as.

and benefits. well, one can logically assume that if you cant be told what to do, you ought to be the guy telling others what to do and so forth :)

hypocritex
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

I wish it were that easy. I support myself... and not very well. I mean well and it's been very hard for me to hold a job *Very embarrased*. I am currently collecting unemployment and not having much luck finding work. What am I to do when it runs out? I am very worried about this scenario. I've always been able to just make it. But, I am finding it increasingly difficult. I just want to find a way to support myself and still be able to do the things that I passionate about.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 10:13 am

Greetings and welcome to the Wrong Planet forums, hypocritex.

hypocritex
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2010, 1:23 pm

JetLag wrote:
Greetings and welcome to the Wrong Planet forums, hypocritex.

Thank you for the welcome :)

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:11 pm

Welcome, hypocritex :)