Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:04 am

Simple question.

In mine, I can't initiate conversations with people, I don't interact with them when I'm out and about, I have that inability to do many "normal" things, in addition to always having my obsession a part of them. It's never been any different.

My mother, who developed MS, still dreams of herself as able as she was before the onset of the MS.

It makes sense how this above is.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:10 am

I rarely talk to people in my dreams. But exactly what I do or who I am differs from dream to dream. I imagine I am autistic in most of them, though, because I don't think of my AS as some sort of disease I have, I see it as another part of me.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:11 am

Basically, yup.

In my dreams objects are the subject. People, in the rare times that they appear are uncommunicative or hostile(though it seems to be fear on their parts). Either that or I am a disembodied/dispassionate observer of the scene.

At other times I seem to do the opposite of anthropomorphizing, wherein the people are given the traits of objects.

But basically i do not interact with people in my dreams.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:20 am

No I'm not, as far as I know. I can't recall any dream in which I was autistic in any way, nor anybody else I dreamed about. Which is rather strange, because usually people dream about the stuff they've been thinking about, and I've thought an awful lot about autism. Maybe if I remembered more of my dreams (I don't remember many at all these days), I'd find some references to autism, but so far there's nothing.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:23 am

Interesting question.

Most people in my dreams are people I do not know personally, in real life or in my dreams and I usually have to have some dealings with them.

I guess I do perceive them in much the way I used to perceive people in real life, which I suppose would not be considered to be in an NT manner.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:48 am

I think that, the more realistic one's dream, the closer it'll mimic reality, and our reality and how we interact are defined by who we've always been when there's no time attached, such as in dreams.

I wonder if a person with a missing limb, which was a recent occurrence and a minority of the time for the individual's life, still dreams as if the limb is still there?

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:50 am

My dreams are silent movies and I'm not so social in them, so I'm probably still autistic.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:50 am

Chronos wrote:
Interesting question.

Most people in my dreams are people I do not know personally, in real life or in my dreams and I usually have to have some dealings with them.

I guess I do perceive them in much the way I used to perceive people in real life, which I suppose would not be considered to be in an NT manner.

I think the same for me. In my dreams I am usually just an observer with minimal interaction.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:52 am

Danielismyname wrote:
I think that, the more realistic one's dream, the closer it'll mimic reality, and our reality and how we interact are defined by who we've always been when there's no time attached, such as in dreams.

I wonder if a person with a missing limb, which was a recent occurrence and a minority of the time for the individual's life, still dreams as if the limb is still there?

1) Autism isn't really comparable to such things
2) I think, since we have never actually experienced life without autism, we don't know what it's like to not be autistic, so even if someone does dream that they're NT, they can only use their own guess at what that would be like to formulate that experience

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:57 am

There generally aren't all that many people in my dreams and the ones that are there don't usually talk to me directly.
The only difference I notice in my perception of my surroundings is that I tend to react to everything more intensely then I would in the real world.

.e.g being late or thinking I will be late to something will give me heart palpitations.

edit:two odd mistakes.

Last edited by Darkword on 13 Jul 2010, 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:02 am

In my dreams, people are usually just a part of the backdrop- they never come close enough for me to interact with them, and they're never relevant to what's going on in the dream. It's all me and my world.
My obsession is very prominent.
I'm the same in dreams as I am in waking life, except that I don't have to bother to try with people as they aren't really there.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:15 am

Asp-Z,

However, if you add into the mix someone who was born without a limb, I'm betting they'll often dream that it's missing, as it's a part of their identity that they included into their life, as they grew up with it and don't know any different.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:27 am

Yes, I think I am.

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2010, 6:29 am

Yes, mine are like silent movies as well. I actually had a real cool one the other day that had like a communal house sort of thing for Aspies except everyone had their own little room like a cave and you didnt have to speak to or even see others. Kinda hard to explain but it was a safe place where aspies could be aspies.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 6:46 am

Really strange to read this topic. In my dreams I do not talk much, when I talk it is to secondary characters and short.

One thing is a bit less realistic, I have great leadership skills and I am really good with slinging, climbing etc. Unfortunately that is not the case in real life.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 6:54 am

yup