Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:48 pm

Good.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 5:57 am

Quote:
Why does it seem like all celebrities screw up?

Everyone screws up. The difference between us and them is that when we screw up, we simply cry about it on the Haven forum voluntarily. When THEY screw up, they've got people taking photos every step of the way. It's the reason I gave up my silly fantasy about being a rock star. People get arrested for drunk driving, fail to show up in court, and get sent to prison. Those people aren't the ones having pictures of them bawling on magazine covers. Not that I drive drunk or do anything extreme like that, but I don't want every little thing I do to risk my being humiliated in public.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:51 am

Xenu wrote:
Exactly! I really hope she could do a RDJ cause that would be great.

That would be impossible since Iron man is already made. She is screwed :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:16 am

Poor lindsay I really feel for that girl.

I just hope they'll allow her to keep her hairstylist and makeup artist cuz once those snaps are shot, they're permanent.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:22 am

And she tries to delay the time she goes to jail. I would rather just get it over with.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:32 am

its good she got convicted

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 12:24 am

Mixed feelings. I quite like her. But anyone who is drunk drivng should be held accountable. After her sentence she will be going to a rehab facility. I hope she sorts out her life in there.

Taking a break.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:24 pm

Willard wrote

Quote:
Frankly, I don't think she's smart enough to get it through her thick skull that her career is tanking right before her eyes. She honestly believes that no matter what she does, studios and directors will still hire her. She also seems deluded enough to think her looks are going to last forever, but the truth is a good looking male has a longer career expectancy in Tinseltown than a half-talent bimbo. As far as sheer marketability goes, she's wasting her most valuable years, p*ssing them away a month at a time. One thing's for sure, she'll never be able to play an intelligent character convincingly from here on out. She makes Marilyn Monroe look like a rocket scientist. And Monroe actually was pretty smart, but excelled at playing dumb.

With all due respect to you Willard, I think you may be making some unwarranted assumptions people often make about celebrities who they don't like or who screw up.

Lindsay Lohan supposedly excelled at mathematics and science in high school. If this is true....I would think her dysfunctional behavior has nothing to do with her being intrinsically unintelligent.

Based upon what little I know of her...she comes from a pretty dysfunctional family and she's got emotional problems. Whatever her issues are....her problems with substance abuse are the primary concern for her.

I am not really trying to defend her....I am no less indifferent towards her as I am to most people.

Heck....I despised George W. Bush....but I never thought all the claims about his lack of intelligence were justified.

I just don't think it's very reasonable for any of us think we are walking intelligence tests.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

Isn't it amazing how many "stars" these days are drunken, drug taking, violent, spoiled, foul mouthed, philandering scumbags?

And yet we look up to them. What does that say about us?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 12:40 am

She was given celebrity treatment compared to most of the recovering alcoholic/addicts at my church. She was given slack that the people I know weren't and she still managed to screw it up. Unfortunately what she needs is a reality check with jail and rehab time that involves interaction with real people to snap her out of that fantasy universe that the rich and famous live in.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

f1aspies
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2010, 3:27 am

Wombat wrote:
Isn't it amazing how many "stars" these days are drunken, drug taking, violent, spoiled, foul mouthed, philandering scumbags?

And yet we look up to them. What does that say about us?

maybe they could leave her in jail