Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

Rent a house (would be cleaner if my partner wasn't so messy), pay the bills, keep myself clothed and fed, hold down a (low paid) job. I'm doing okay. It did come later to me than it probably does most people though. It wasn't easy when I left home at 18 for uni. I can't drive but I live in a European city, so it doesn't matter.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

i dont think i would be able to, i cant get to school on my own and i have trouble finding a job since im awkward and unsanitary

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

I'm not all that thrilled to pay my mortgage every month, but other than that, everything works here.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 4:11 am

One of the worst things about living alone would be dealing with the Medicare which constantly can be problematic.
Years ago my mother had me on her insurance and not anymore, We've told medicare numerous times yet there's such bad communication in that bureacracy that they forget to remove that insurance. Another insurance i never ever had.
Also there's spend downs, a lot of junk to remember.
If one has a case worker or social worker that is worth their salt it'd probably be most helpful.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Yes, I can live independently. I have lived on my own before in the past and made it through.

I can wake up on my own, cook for myself, clean after myself, pay the house bills, and any other life skill that I am failing to mention. All I have to do now is get a high-enough paying job and I would definitely be able to live 100% independently.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2013, 1:47 am

No because I get stressed out too easily and am too prone to meltdowns. I've had periods where I was completely independent and had no support but each time it led to a complete emotional breakdown. I've always needed supportive people in my life.

Grimdalus
Raven
Raven

28 May 2013, 3:13 am

Yes! I like having control of my life goddamnit.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2013, 3:40 am

Nope, and I can't for a very long time.
Wanna know why? BECAUSE KIDS DON'T LIVE INDEPENDENTLY! And I'm a kid. True steel of logic. And making absolutely no point in posting. SUCCESSFAIL! Well, that was random.