Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2006, 11:06 pm

Does anyone else support a team, in whatever sport, that would be considered an obscure team to support based on the level at which they play, or based on their location relative to where you are from?

For example I live up here in Scotland, but support the AFC Telford United soccer team, a non-league (minor league) team in England from a place with which I have absolutely no connection. It certainly counts as one of my unusual interests.

I also support the team in my home town here in Scotland, again minor league.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2006, 11:38 pm

I dont generally care much about minor league teams (all we have here is baseball and hockey for the most part and neither of which is all that well known, like I couldnt get stats from any team out of city in the newspaper.) But I do go for team out of my location all the time win or more frequently lose (though generally they were winning when I started liking them.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

JDM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2006, 8:34 pm

I like my local minor league baseball team, the Windy City Thunderbolts. I go to a few games every summer.

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 9:56 pm

Go the SOCCEROOS

Flogged Japan's arses but waited until the last 10 minutes of the game to do it. Sigh.

I support Manchester United. I lived fairly close once (Oswestry) but now I don't think I could live futher away if I tried. I don't pay much attention though.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 11:09 pm

Go team USA for the World Cup! :lol: