Page 1 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2006, 11:27 pm

Well, it happened again. My one and only friend lost interest in me and stopped responding to my contacts. We didnt even do much except go out to the theatre, or grab a bite to eat a few times. I guess she just grew bored and decided to go to find a new plaything to toy with. :cry:

Man, it sucks having the computer as the only thing to look foreward to after college. I have aquaitences from school, but rarely do any of them develop into friendships. And worst, still, I've apparantly got a 'reputation' at school for something I did, and people joke to me about it. I dont mind, because I know its just a friendly jab, but I thought only friends were allowed to throw barbs at each other - not people I hardly know.

Sorry for clouding up the sun here.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2006, 11:46 pm

I might have a girlfriend, but I have no regular friends.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2006, 12:03 am

I have tons of friends... just not enough of the right kind it seems. College is the perfect place to meet people, you should join some groups. Meeting friends in class is like meeting friends at work, they are destined to end as soon as work/class ends. Join a group that interests you, participate, and you'll make friends.

fightingalways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2006, 1:02 pm

I have one person who I'm friends, and she's 40. Another girl and I could become frineds if we hung out more.

It sucks when people ditch you for no reason. Hope things start looking up.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2006, 1:29 pm

The closest thing I have to friends is the people who post on the Anime boards on IGN.

Offline, there are a few people that I talk to for about 5-10 minutes a week. I'm not sure if they consider me a friend or not.

Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2006, 1:52 pm

I have none.

I used to associate with a local role playing game club, with about 90 members. They hired out a school two nights each week for games, lots of people. However, there were among them a lot of people who had very bigoted attitudes or were downright stupid, so a couple of years ago I ceased associating with them.

I'm now attending university, but I don't really associate closely with anyone there. I'm not good at starting things. And mostly they seem to be busy discussing the latest reality television shows or pop music, and I just don't care to be involved.

So, nothing.

BJWanlund
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2006, 2:06 pm

yes, it really does suck to have your friend abaandon you for no reason.

I actually have made more friends here at Brevard College than I'd ever have anywhere else.

BJ

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2006, 2:15 pm

I suppose I could be counted among this group as I have no friends of my own. I have a few family friends, but not specifically my own friends. :)

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2006, 3:03 pm

I have a few friends, but it takes a certain type of person to like me. Mainly an ADHD type. AS, kids scare me kind of, and nerotypicals ingore me, and the ones that to try to talk to me make me a little nervous.

Ruvil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2006, 3:23 pm

I have like 2 friends "at home"/sparetime, whatever.
One of them iam a very good friend with.

At school i think i have a couple of friends, but i dont really know if THEY consider me as a friend :/

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2006, 3:36 pm

I have a few friends at work, but none outside work.

lonelyandblue
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Apr 2006, 1:40 am

You are not the only one that has no friends. I am in the same boat, sure I have acquaintances, but non that I consider a friend.

The only true friend I thought I had ditched me in October. Me and her got so close, shared so many good times, but all it took was some foolishness on my part, thinking it could become more, for her to basically cut me off. I posted earleir about it, so no need to repeat, but we were so close that the loss of her has caused me depression for the past 6 months.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 2:02 am

A few.. but not many of the sort I actually need. Many aquaintances and online friends but only a select few who I consider real close friends - and there are issues with that. So..

scousered
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2006, 4:31 am

I have a few friends, but none a close friend IRL, just had a close IRL but I mossed it up, only two close friends far away over the Net and such...

Last edited by scousered on 30 Apr 2006, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 5:20 pm

I have none. Sometimes I'll do stuff with one of my roommates, but other than that, I'm alone all of the time.

CelanKenay
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Apr 2006, 5:47 pm

Fron age 11-17, I had no real friends. Now I have a couple "best" friends, one of whom I'm seeing tomorrow in Austin, TX. But it's really...really...really hard for me to make new friends IRL. Did I say REALLY hard? People don't naturally gravitate to me in person.